Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The lane that cried Wolfe.....!!


Described as Perth's best kept secret, late night lounge bar Wolfe Lane Bar is located on Wolfe Lane, named after William Wolfe an architect born in NYC, trained in Germany who migrated to Australia in 1877 working in Sydney and Melbourne before settling in Perth in the 1890's. Mr. Wolfe (sounds like the beginning of a fairy tale!) apparently exemplified the characteristics of the desired clientele the lounge bar hoped to attract..well traveled, worldly, educated, artistic, passionate and successful, okey dokey!!
Behind this discreet, unpretentious black door lies a very stylish area that still has many features from it's previous life as a warehouse, the matte floorboards and huge windows, plus a few additions like a big black glossy bar, lots of contemporary leather furniture and artwork. According to the blurb there's no discrimination in attire between jeans (as long as they're designer) and suits, it's all in the way you wear them.. I might have to check it out sometime, I'd get in..I'm cool right!! Not sure if my Levi's would cut it haha! Mid point in the week once again, happy Wednesday.....

30 comments:

  1. Really cool mural. SOunds like the kind of place I'd like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's different!
    For peruvian food, you can have a look here> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peruvian_cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  3. hum, it seems that you have a lot of mural art down there !
    interesting, is it not?
    my son is in Melbourne now and seems to looove it, he describes it as a mix of Brussels, Berlin and New York...
    greetings from brussels
    anni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun place to me! And a cool mural it is! Great shots for the day! Let us know if your jeans cut it!!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah. Now why is it that the wolf is always the bad 'un? Or is it just me not seeing right and being tired because it ISN'T quite midweek here?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that mural .. .so did you ever go inside?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the mural very much and trust you for the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mural Grace. I am not sure if I could get in with my Gap jeans either! Let's try anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny and interesting! I also like the way the angles of the walls are put together! Very unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had to laugh at your caption Grace ..... Love that mural !

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's definitely got a mean set of choppers :-).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful !

    Miss being at a bar. Please have a good Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. apres la grande bouche hier, voila le dentier du loup..ca fait peur ;) superbe peinture murale

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very interesting mural...I am sure I wouldn't be allowed in - I never was one of the "cool" ones! Looks like a fun place to go - I will be interested to know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not sure how inviting this place is. I kinda like places with windows . . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way out of my league!! Looks a very 'COOL' place.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic capture. Great artwork.

    Darryl and Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Urbane - like you & me!




    Warm Aloha from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  19. Would love to join you in a little late lounging and embibing at the Wolfe Lane Bar Grace!

    I think I said I'd tell you when I posted about Rolls Royce's Manchester origins- today's the day- click on the following link ;-)
    Chrissy from Manchester: Rolls Royce started in Manchester Mancunian Wave

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anyone who takes photos like these (particularly the first one) is definitely cool.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're super cool Mamma, I reckon you'd get in. If I can, you can.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the captures and of course they would let you past the door! Hope that your day went well as we tumble on towards the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The artist's name is 'Hurben'.

    ReplyDelete