Monday, February 10, 2014

Rochester Ginger.. 'bring out your dark side'.....!


A 'non alcoholic drink with the kick of 2 very angry mules'.. oh how I wish I'd seen this on Saturday before I actually had two alcoholic drinks.. seriously I'm such a lightweight, after a glass of champagne to toast Aimee's birthday and two glasses of wine on Saturday, yesterday I was like a very angry mule.. without the ginger :) We went into Northbridge to catch the Chinese New Year  festivities, if you click the link you'll see a short film of everything I missed! Stalls selling food and crafts lined both sides of James Street from the Piazza down to the Perth Cultural Centre.....


You can just see the lights back there for Fringe World at the entrance to the Cultural Centre....


I 'photo-napped', good word oui :) a group having their picture taken with members of the WA Police Pipe Band.....


A young lady selling orange juice.. from inside an orange! I think everyone was down at the Rochester Ginger stand!


I missed the actual Lion Dance because it started 10 minutes early and I was running late eh! but later I did catch this 'lion' limbering up and having a bit of fun with a few youngsters that had gathered around. I'm looking forward to catching up with what you've been up to over the weekend today, hope it was.. or is still, a good one! Take care.....



26 comments:

  1. Fringe World looks like great fun!

    Like you, I'm a lightweight when it comes to alcohol...actually, I'm a featherweight. Even one drink will put me under the table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do seem to have so many fun things/places to go to!!! Thanks for sharing the fun, Grace!! Just what I needed on another gray, COLD day!! Hope you have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A drunk angry Aussie female eh? Hmmm who would have thunk it....?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great time was had by all! So colorful. And lots of people. I've not heard of this drink before, which is just as well, 'cause I figure if I want a "kick," I'll drink my favorite alcoholic beverage. How can ginger give you a knockout punch? With tons of sugar? :)

    As Bogart might say, with a cigarette dangling from his mouth, "No thanks, sweetheart, I like my whiskey straight!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get out and about so much, Grace. Makes me feel like I am quite lazy! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a great time. Looks like fun. And no event is complete without a pipe band.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a colourful, fun day out. Somehow, baseball caps don't really go well with tartan kilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That drink sounds like it has a kick to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "The kick of two angry mules!" Boy, I wish I came up with that wonderful phrase!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The kick of two very angry mules... sounds like a challenge!

    Those are unusual tartan kilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your photo-nap - came out brilliantly! Love the last shot of that dynamic lion - all the drinks mentioned above sound pretty good to me now, this post made me thirsty:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What would we do without you going here there & everywhere! Great shots again. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Police in kilts. They'd never get away with that here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You will have to remember the ginger for next Chinese New Year Grace. Great colourful shots of a very vibrant celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's always something new in this world - non-alcoholic drinks with a kick, an Aussie who can't drink, sunglasses worn with a kilt.....the list goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A mule never kicks his head twice against a stone, is a dutch saying. Don't know it has something to do with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pictures from Fringe World. Lots of fun games eats and entertainment ! The Chinese Dragon is very colorful !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great fun!!! Nice photos...
    Have a nice Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like a very busy and very colorful event with lots going on. I love those police uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, sadly the film isn´t available. But it really looks like you had fun, Grace.
    Is it true what they say about wearing no underwear with a kilt? Ah, non, I don´t wanna know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a huge fan of ginger ale so this looks a drink I should try! As ever, love the atmosphere shown in your shots. Looks wonderfully dry and warm too :).

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks like a great event and everyone was having a good time. Your city always seems to be having some type of cool thing going on. Very nice photos of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Chinese festival was fun, but it was a bit hot to be out for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are clicks are really best photographers clicks.. keep updating with your latest clicks

    ReplyDelete