Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Spring Festival Perth.



There was a nippy wind blowing in the city when I took these shots.. that's spring for you, rain one day, windy the next with a bit of sunshine thrown in the mix. The city abounds with spring-time installations like the splendid native floral arrangement above in the QV1 Plaza. The last time I looked up at this view, with my heart skipping a beat, was when Aimee abseiled down to raise money for Princess Margaret Hospital, have a look.. how she stepped over the edge I'll never know 😱 It's lucky that the canopy of colourful kites below in Brookfield Place were well tethered, it was the perfect day for flying kites :) Happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe.. 


22 comments:

  1. Those make for a cheerful sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bouquets in the air. Flyers or plants just soothing your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is the perfect time for kites! I think today will be our last really warm day for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those kites. It's been a perfect day for flying kites here and you've reminded me that I own a small kite. I wonder where it is.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like spring is in the air down under even if it was just a bit chilly. I love the flowers and the kites.
    P.S. I don't know how Aimee did that either. Very scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go fly a kite. :) They look so pretty flying in the sky, spring is arriving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kie decorations are great! It will warm up soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. (OMG! How did she DO that?!?!) Very pretty views.
    (To answer your question, yes, the view I posted yesterday is from my house. The shot is through my monster lens but we have a super mountain view.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh love the kites! Yes, I remember that post. Never ever for me! I once jumped from a 5 meter into water - never again, it took ages to meet the water ;-)
    (Ingo hopped off 10 meter!)
    29C today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the first photo. Including the canopy in the foreground makes the scene look so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kites are like umbrellas--visual treats of so many different colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kites look great. It's been quite cool this Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Springy indeed. I am going to miss all the pretty flowers out this way
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sad that I missed seeing Perth when we were "down under"... Next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spring is certainly a dodgey time of year weatherise. I love the kites.

    ReplyDelete