Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Once an illusion now a nightmare..



There's something about trains.. even goods trains as here in Fremantle. Glimpses through the carriages above show a section of the artwork that I showed here, when you click you will see the incroyable Arcs D’Ellipses, once an illusion now a nightmare! The yellow painted foil is proving a delicate and costly business to remove without damaging the exterior of the many heritage buildings along High Street. Ah the price of art.. this installation did bring many visitors into Freo and for this reason I think it might have been left in situ a little too long making it even harder to remove..


This shot just because I like it and it shows a glimpse down my favourite street in Freo Phillimore Street. So many fabulous heritage buildings are a visual delight. Happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe..


26 comments:

  1. Uh oh... that sounds like a headache to get rid of that'll take a whole case of tylenol to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be costly and difficult to fix for sure Grace!
    What a pity as it was quite pretty, I had no idea it was meant to be a temporary work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...the bigger picture is often hard to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I would be so upset if that was my building! Someone mad a big error!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see contaner trains when you want to see something else

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad the art has become an eye sore. It looked great as it was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone made a costly mistake. Maybe they should have left it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember that art piece and how much I loved it in your photos. It's too bad that it has proven to be a problem to erase. I for one, am hoping the artists will come up with a safer way to create this kind of illusion in the future. It sure has an impact.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, boy. That's going to be expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I like the arch photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops. I see you like trains. I do too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That old bugaboo...unintended consequences. What a shame. It seemed so cool...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sadly never got to see that great illusion, Grace.
    Moon and Sixpence gone, this now, also. I´m a tad sad!
    Still: Have a happy Wednesday - I´ll only walk so I´ll... you know :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I hope Raine Square and Jesters are still there???

      Delete
  14. I remember your photos of the illusion bummer about the problems removing it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I find this kind of art in Carcassonne few days ago... ew

    ReplyDelete
  16. Art touch really every aspect of life.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember that art piece. Would be a horror to remove it just for a paint.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember seeing your post about it and it was amazing to see. I do love trains and am fortunate to live near some railroad tracks. I love hearing them pass by at night, especially when they blow their horns as they cross the road.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a shame that it is not proving easy to remove …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's all a visual delight! thank you, so much.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh no......shame that it's causing such a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very bright colours in each photo!

    ReplyDelete