Monday, May 1, 2017

Panda & Co.. Let's eat!



Breakfast/brunch is without doubt my favourite choice when eating out. Searching for somewhere different to have brunch on Sunday morning, while at the same time trying to get that illusive food shot for today's CDP theme 'Let's Eat!' the name Panda & Co on Bulwer Street in Highgate popped up! After checking out the menu, described as 'proudly inauthentic Asian with a sprinkling of modern Australian and a fistful of flare' and looking at their Facebook page it was definitely a goer.. the welcoming committee above was perfectly pandabulous!


 Above a sample of that proudly inauthentic Asian plateful of flare the K.W.O.M.D Rice waffles, popcorn chicken and kimchi, Aimee's choice, and for P who is so boring traditional when it comes to breakfast he enjoyed bacon, eggs and hashbrowns.. I can't tell you what I had because my DIL in Sydney will say I have a nerve calling P traditional :) but I can say I enjoyed it immensely and the coffee was so good I had two!


I always say it doesn't matter how good the food or coffee, if the service is bad it can ruin the experience. One look below and you can see this was not the case.. it's service with a smile like that that's going to keep food lovers coming back for more! Happy 1st of May, take care and stay safe...

...

31 comments:

  1. It appears that a "fistful of flare" is an accurate description of both food and service. Looks like a great breakfast place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not agree with you more about Sunday brunch whether it is traditional or adventurous. It is a terrific time to go to a special restaurant. Not sure what is on that waffle, but I would order one just to find out. Hope your week ahead is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pandas are interesting as a restaurant concept. The food looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a fun place. I don't like exotic food before noon. Did you have toast? We are still in Sami Land and it was cold today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In this case I'd go with a traditional breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's not my kind of "traditional" breakfast, but it's OK for those who so choose to eat it! Heh, heh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would try it just to see how it tastes. Traditional breakfast you can have anytime. Why not be bold :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any place that's self-proclaimed as 'proudly inauthentic Asian' sounds very interesting indeed! Glad you had a good experience there. And, you're absolutely right....service can make or break a place. Love that cashier's smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great place Grace! I'm a little more traditional too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an unusual combination. Intriguing and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brunch is also a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice pics :) Loved the first pic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pandas, brunch, and beautiful coffee. Traditional eats or not, what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a happy place to enjoy a meal. Love the smile in the last photo and the pandas are a cute twist for dining appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A nice place to be with pretty guys serving there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that looks the perfect place for brunch, a meal I also love.
    The Pandas remind me the my grandparents gave me a pair of cuddly pandas when I was born. I had them for years but suspect they went AWOL when we left the UK in 1953 to go to Africa. Have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute place for lunch and food is ... pandabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great place. I like that term...fist full of flare!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Delightful views of a special place!

    ReplyDelete
  20. that really looks good - I'd try it once and if not keen would stick to bacon egg and has browns in future.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the Pandas cafe! Great that you had service with a smile too, that's really special too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My Perth-list keeps growing, Grace - and now I´m hungry, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those waffles look like quite a food adventure. And, that smile on the server is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  24. They're perfect breakfast buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd probably go with traditional, too. My taste buds are cowards.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A good service is also very important to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks a great place.
    Service with a smile is excellent!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete