Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Aquatic surprises..



I had an unexpected delightful surprise when in South Perth yesterday! The South Perth foreshore has had a fabulous upgrade over the last few years and it's always a treat to walk along and view the city from the other side of the Swan River. I was there to see if a particular view of the city from under the Narrows Bridge would make a good image for a new header shot when I spotted the head above pop out of the water..


What an experience for the stand-up board rider below, there were at least three dolphins that I could see cavorting around his board.. he did pull out a camera. I would have loved to see those close-up shots!   


The pod of pelicans above and the dolphins moved under the bridge...


...and the hunt for fish began in earnest! I took these shots from the other side of the river with my long lens, unfortunately I didn't have a tripod.. one of these days I'll be prepared for the unexpected :) Is it just me or is there something really calming about dolphin sightings! Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe...


27 comments:

  1. It must be interesting living next to the ocean...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious creatures. You were fortunate to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delightful, G! And that final shot is a winnah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic siting that was. I would love to have seen them in person. They are such fun creatures. I remember many years ago watching a school of them playing in the surf near San Diego. They just seemed to love riding the waves as much as the human surfers did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...now that's a sight that I've never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wee bit cropping and the 1st shot would make a great top shot!
    You lucky lass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love dolphins. Many times they've followed the boat we were on. Great fun to watch and sometimes they'd put on a show for us! Don't complain ... your photos are just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the tranquil shots of the dolphins, the board rider and the pelicans. and then you got an action shot with the cyclist on the other side of the water!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shots Grace, you did well. The last shot is my favorite. I also like the guy on the bike passing through in your photo. A wonderful day for you and the camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos Grace! You know it's a good day when you get to see dolphins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my that last capture, WOW! I'm happy you shared your great find with us, it's a double treat for us too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great wildlife shots. The dolphins are just great to see cavorting. They do love to play. That board rider had a unique experience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful experience. During our cruise we did not see one sea creature :-(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think they are calming and so much fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Grace, lucky you! So nice to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't help smiling at the sight of a dolphin or two!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that must have been a fun encounter for that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow -- what a sight! Fun experience for you. I'm impressed the paddle boarder successfully pulled out a camera without taking a dip. You're right -- his images must be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love dolphins, too, Grace, yet there is always the Simpsons episode where they take over as ruler of the world! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, dolphins! I've seen dolphins in Fremantle once but they never stayed out of the water long enough for me to catch them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You wonder what the pelicans and dolphins think of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dolphins AND pelicans? How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just lovely to see ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pg เว็บสล็อต สมัคร ฟรี สมัคร PG Slot กับเว็บไซต์ของเรา รับโปรโมชั่นดีๆที่หาไม่ได้จากที่อื่น พร้อมทั้งระบบการสมัครสมาชิกที่รองรับให้ท่านสามารถสมัครได้อย่างรวดเร็ว ผ่านทางระบบออโต้

    ReplyDelete