Monday, May 15, 2017

Open plan for mother's day..



 I know there are many who unbelievably don't wake up with a need for coffee to kick start their day, sometimes I wish I was one of them.. nah I'm only kidding :) Aimee and I were already going to have brunch in Open Plan Coffee Co. a relatively new cafe/restaurant on Fitzgerald St. in North Perth, two things straight up that confirmed this as an excellent choice, the sign above and their business ethos 'breakfast, brunch and most of all coffee'.. I knew I was in safe hands :)


The food too is finger licking good, see above! There's something wonderfully comforting about toasties and hot coffee when the weather turns and there is a slight chill in the air. Toasties filled with ham, dijon, oozing with cheese and did I mention the rosemary and parmesan butter, as the French would say.. miam!


The best company, excellent food and coffee, great service, who could ask for anything more, and yet...


... there was more! Sitting on the doorstep this morning a stunning autumn themed Debra Hayes bouquet from ma famille in Sydney.. merci beaucoup mes lovleies! For any Perth coffee aficionados out there, I guarantee you won't be disappointed in Open Plan! Hope you had/are still having a fab weekend.. happy Monday, take care and stay safe...


27 comments:

  1. How sweet of Aimee to take you out to an excellent brunch. Looks like a really special place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so appreciate all the colors throughout your photos. Well done and thanx for sharing these little gems. Now, I go recreational.


    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you and Aimee picked a winner for brunch. Sounded good and looked very inviting. Glad you had a wonderful time and some great coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to be a nice place, indeed... have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour Grace, vous avez eu une matinée fantastique comme je les aimes.
    Bonne fête de maman et de mamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a fantastic place even if I don't drink the hot stuff. That sandwich has my mouth watering. those some serious coffee grinder/makers back there too. Hi Aimee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lunch looked yummy. Love that red hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Canada and the US have many common holidays but they often fall on different dates. So Mother's Day is the same in Oz as here. That cafe has an awful lot of apparatus. I assume the beans were as good as the equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an excellent place for lunch. And the bouquet is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a lovely Cafe and a wonderful day out with Aimee.
    Beautiful flower bouquet too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are nicely spoiled on your Mother's Day! What a lovely bouquet and coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must confess Im not a coffee addict and I need gluten-free bread so I don't often have toasties - but that didn't stop my mouth watering when I read this post. It all looks very welcoming and then to be welcomed by flowers at home.... oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic way to spend Mother's Day - some well-deserved spoiling :-) I'm a complete coffee (and brunch!) addict too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. It´s crazy, Grace, I´m totallly off of coffee again, though there is always some for free in the kitchen. Hmmm, those Toasties sure look very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I am dreaming of having breakfast with you two!
    Except the coffee, when tired that just nakes me radge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fine place to find ... the food looks scrumptious! I'll take your word for the quality of the coffee. That is a fine-looking redhead you brought along for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful day you had Grace! Those toasties look so delicious and now you have made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This restaurant is one I KNOW I would like to visit because it appears efficient, humorous (the outdoor sign), the food and the smart, intelligent clientele! Aimee makes the place bloom as does your lovely bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, waking up and not having coffee right away, never in my world! I even enjoy a great delicious cup to begin my evenings as well! Sure looks like you had a wonderful celebration too, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I forgot to mention, I'm a big fan of open plans, it always seems those are the best times spent ever!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day! (Hi, Aimee!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful day.
    Loved all of your photo's.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete