Monday, February 8, 2021

Anti-Vitruvian..

 

When Leonardo DaVinci sketched the Vitruvian Man based on Vitruvius' theory that the length of a man's, and, let's give him the benefit of the doubt, presumably a woman's, outspread arms should be equal to that of his/her height, as brilliant as he was we humans rarely conform to perfection. For instance I always thought I had long arms but it turns out my outstretched arms are 2 inches shorter than my height.. yes I did adopt the pose and measure, go on you know you want to do it too :) Anti-Vitruvian impeccably drawn here by Perth artist Lucia Tennant aka Loosh appropriately in the Inner City Crossfit facility.. Happy Monday, take care and stay safe..

Visit Sami to see more Monday Murals from around the world.. 



22 comments:

  1. Grace, you made me laugh for two reasons!
    a) his "real" sketch is hanging in our lille hall
    b) next time you might see me with a normal and a very short arm! (Hopefully not, post to come)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty amazing mural. There are a lot of patterns and angles to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I love the bold, dramatic design of this mural. Stay safe Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got long arms as a result of growing up on a farm and carrying lots of heavy buckets. Maybe I've got your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I thought you were looking down till the second photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done, I like it Grace.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'est très drôle. Un joli détournement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Grace,
    Guess it depends on a lot of factors for reaching the same height as the spread out arms. The very same for touching the floor with your hands and stretched legs, while bending down. That is a lot easier for those with shorter arms...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very clever and interesting mural.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever take on the Vitruvian man. Thanks for participating Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cleverly done! NO chance of me having long arms lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fine Art you share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is how it also can be done. Well found.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always LOVED Vitruvian Man. In fact, I have a rubber stamp of him. This anti-Vitruvian is incredible. Gotta love it, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it, and speaking of not the same length, my doctor informed a long time ago that my right leg is a bit longer than my left!

    ReplyDelete