Thursday, April 27, 2017

Nature Returns to Gosnells..



Conversation with a Gosnells local watching while I took my shots:
 She: 'Are you a tourist?' 
I had to give that one a bit of consideration before replying 'No, I live on the other side of the river.. it's a super sculpture don't you think?'
Her reply 'Nah!' 
 Well I beg to differ :) While on our expedition to 'the other side' of the river last week we stopped in the suburb of Gosnells to take a few shots of a sculpture I'd heard about by Perth based sculptor Andrew Kay, you can see more of his fabulous works here, including two more pieces in the same suburb that I wish I'd known about before I went because it'll be a while before I go back :) Titled 'Nature Returns to Gosnells' the bronze sculpture depicts a possum holding open a manhole cover emblazoned with the City of Gosnells crest allowing 'a variety of native animals using man-made subterranean channels to access the urban environment from their homes along the banks of the Canning river'. At first I thought the leaves caught in the sculpture were a bit messy, then I thought well that's nature for you.. a bit messy :) Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe..


28 comments:

  1. It has a rather whimsical sensibility to it, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that piece! Wonderful! Thanks for sharing. The leaves add to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, but this is cute, and full of nature, too! Next time say yes to being a tourist, Grace, maybe you get a nicer comment... (on the other hand.. who wants to hear a lie of a person)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I would disagree with that local lady too! That sculpture is wonderful. It's beautifully crafted and full of humor and good feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! It's funny and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it too, it's a happy sculpture that makes you smile. What does that lady know about art anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three different size it makes more interesting...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's a whole lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm trying to understand it. I've come across little slopes hedgehogs which allow hedgehogs to climb out of cattle grids if they fall in - but aren't hatches to tunnels between river and town a surprising variety of rat-run?

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...on the other side of the river, is that like on the other side of the tracks?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this sculpture Grace! So fun and I think the leaves add a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a fine looking sculpture. I will bet there is all kinds of meaning to it. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bah! What does she know about art anyway?
    I think it's pretty cool and very whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this very much; brought a big smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That woman probably tripped over the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You were totally in the spirit of the thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it's a fabulous sculpture Grace, so cute! I do wonder though if people trip on it, as it appears to be in the middle of the pavement...

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful and fun sculpture, I'm still smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, happy post this is, the sculpture is wonderful! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE it. It is beautifully executed and such a fun, lively scene!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh what a beautiful sculpture this is. So cute those little creatures under the shelve.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a lovely sculpture, thanks for sharing your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute those little creatures under the shelve.


    ดูหนังผี

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...