Monday, May 9, 2022

Dogs cats and other stuff..

 

You never know what you might find down the laneways in the inner metro suburb of Highgate. The gentle face of the dog above doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the 'over zealous' art along the lane.. leading to the question what came first the dog or the ferocious puss and other stuff :)

Not usually a fan of graffiti, the bold striking colours often described as a 'confronting genre of art symbolizing the here and now, the ultimate style statement with an edge'. I did find the colours and intricate folds of this piece below quite appealing, what do you think? Hope you had a good weekend, happy Monday, take care and stay safe..

Visit Sami to see more Monday Murals from around the world..


18 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the bottom one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A street filled with murals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mural must have been painted by a dog person, and not a cat person. Never know what you will find down an alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I prefer the dog and cat to the typical graffiti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely to see you and that beautiful dog face

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unlike the cat, the dog has a wonderfully friendly face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look like a fun alley
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear Grace, I was thinking of you this week and meant to find a post. And here you are! Wonderful graffiti! Interesting to see you spell colours with a "u" which we di in South Arica as well. Thank you for the share. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I quite like the dog, so cute. Even though I'm a cat person, that cat looks quite mean, lol. The last one has a great colour combination :) Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cat sure looks fierce!

    I do like the reflexion in the dog's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's obvious I'm a cat person, Grace, but I much prefer the dog in the mural to the cat. It sure is a colorful laneway (what we in the states call an alley), though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dog steals the show, Grace! I just bought one (OK, a door-stopper only ;-)...)

    ReplyDelete