Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Road Trip ll.. Pelham Reserve, Island in the Sky.



Second stop on our Sunday road trip was the lookout at Pelham Reserve. Oh la! This was a truly fantastical sight.. an island in the sky amidst the swirling clouds.. this made the early morning start so worth it 💙 Below if you look closely you can see the town of Toodyay snuggled in the early morning mist..


.. and then as fleetingly as it appeared it was swallowed up and disappeared once more into the clouds as if it had never been, thankfully not before I had time to click..would you have believed me if I said I had seen an island in the sky :) Onward to Toodyay and a hearty country breakfast! Happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe..


26 comments:

  1. I love your imagination, your mind's eye, and your heart! Looks like great country - not unlike N. Calif in the fog 🌟

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...it looks like the top of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured some really gorgeous photos, Grace. I love fog and its a fantastic addition to a photo and you captured it perfectly.
    WOW on your new header, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are magical, Grace! You look like you are up really high!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a glorious sight and a wonderful excursion! The sky is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really captured the scenery, and the feeling, in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find your trees interesting.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Grace, I soooo love fog, too!
    Since I ... well... "do not work no more" I saw no fog. So thank you for those wonderful pics! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Island in the Sky" is the perfect description for these images Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a strange very isolated mist. It looks like there might be valleys with a creek of river flowing, creating the humidity for the mist. Ah, I see you have met my spammer mates.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clouds are so interesting and difficult targets on the photographs...
    My favorite is the first shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great atmospheric shots. L like that very much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mysterious atmospheric photos, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These shots are so beautiful! That wonderful early morning mist is something I don't get to see very often so I'm loving your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow stunning, ethereal photos in this and your previous post Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was thrilled to see our mountain in cloud like that today after rain falling in the night.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Incredible beautiful captures, such lovely nature views, but toss in some fog and my goodness it's beyond just pretty, and strikes up a cover for a mystery novel as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who knew fog could be beautiful?

    ReplyDelete