Saturday, November 14, 2015

The power of suggestion..



 Mirror reflections above in Future Shelter Homewares & Gifts in North Perth. Have a peek at the wares in this shop and you'll see the temptations I had to overcome still being in my 'minimalist' period, how long can it last! No such willpower next door in Cloud Nine Vegetarian & Vegan Restaurant. Overhearing a customer say she had been fantasizing about a cinnamon maple donut and noting there were only two left (see them sitting there seductively under glass) I had a mild panic and had to have one immédiatement, the power of suggestion is alive and working well in my psyche :) How about you, how strong is your willpower in overcoming the power of suggestion? Happy weekend, take care and stay safe...



18 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! That tea room looks so enticing! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cinnamon maple donut...mmm, that does sound good!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to head out for a maple donut, Grace! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have no problem leaving such a donut behind... but cinnamon maple in a pie, muffins, or cake, on the other hand... well, that's a different story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In this case, close to nil!!!! The reflection is wonderful, you have so many cool places in Perth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooops!! Just read your post and realized it's lunch time here for me!!! Have a great weekend, Grace, and enjoy every moment AND every meal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't think of a vegetarian restaurant here that has lasted more than a couple of years. Maybe Cloud 9 will.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful variety of tones in the first photo. And what an appealing display in the shop in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes I have excellent resistance. And sometimes not at all. Sugar I can resist but don't offer me something salty. I might take the entire plate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I consider myself invulnerable. . . but I'm probably not. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously love the black and white reflection shot, as for the doughnuts, we all give in to temptation sometimes Grace...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've had way to many temptations to deal with recently. I have lots of will power. But I need "won't power." So, that's a problem. I saw a poster today by Karen Salmansohn which said, "Own less, Be more." I think she's got a point.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Must tell Sam about Cloud Nine. Better to be minimalist in this heat - cool blues.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, Grace, what can I say ;-)
    It´s not a pizza, right?
    Love the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If it's food tempting me I'll give in every time. I'm also in the minimalist arena lately but, every now and then some trinket makes it's way home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could never be a minimalist. Lovely Apple donut at the market here

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh goodness my willpower pretty much depends on the day! Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete