Monday, September 26, 2016

The human condition II..



You may remember my post 'the human condition 1' from back in December last year. When we were in Maylands last week I was delighted to come across another work by Perth artist Jodee Knowles. I find her characters that 'tell a story of love and loss, heartbreak and death' incredibly appealing, I think we can all relate to the fragility of life situations that affect our emotional state of mind.. I know I can. After a sellout exhibition in LA a few years ago Jodee's work has gone international, deservedly so! Hope your weekend is going well, it's a holiday here in Perth today so we're heading off into the country, there may be a 'piano graveyard' to be snapped :) Happy Monday, take care and stay safe...


23 comments:

  1. A beautiful mural! She looks kind of sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does look sad but it's a fantastic mural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad eyed lady...reminds me of Dylan's song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if it's a holiday, then I'm taking the rest of the day off. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a moving portrait of deep sadness and worry. So expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sort of an homage to "Lady with an Ermine" by Leonardo da Vinci from around 1489–1490.

    You've piqued my interest in your trip. Piano grave yard?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her face evokes a lot of emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That face is pretty disturbing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find that a little hard to take. She looks disfigured or diseased. Maybe that's the point but I wouldn't want to walk by it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great mural but I am not sure that I actually like the work, I would be quite disturbed by it if I had to look at it on a regular basis!! Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impressive mural Grace, can imagine you like her works.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sad girl has in her arms a cat. Cat warms the soul. Nice drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great mural. Love the eyes and the melancholy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It´s quite beautiful, but I wouldn´t want to look at such a sad face every day, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  15. For some reason the image on this mural reminds me of the 1950s singer, Edith Piaf, whose music was sometimes quite sad. I would attach a picture of her, if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can guess what the condition of the 'artist' is...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Quite an interesting mural from what I would describe as a talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Does the artist use "eyes" as one of her trademarks?

    ReplyDelete