Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Sculpture by the Sea III ..



Once again embiggening will show the cloudettes sculptures to their awesomesauce best. Seriously if a word like awesomesauce can make it's way into the Oxford Dictionionary, my 'cloudettes' should be an absa-bloody-lutely shoe-in right :) Above 'Lucky Bay' one of a cluster of three 'marine navigational-marker inspired forms' by Fremantle based sculptor Tony Jones. Below 'Gate to the Beach' by Japanese artist Keizo Ushio couldn't be more appropriately placed..


 The fluid movement and shape of 'Undulation' below, created in hammer and press formed marine grade aluminum by Victorian sculptor Benjamin Storch was popular with children looking for a 'hidey-hole', children have a wonderful way of ensuring that we don't get too pretentious about art don't you think:)
 

'Pig of Fortune #2' below, a whimsical piece created in stainless steel by South Korean artist Tae-GeunYand.. 'since the pig is a much loved symbol of fortune and fecundity, the artist endeavours to exhibit the coexistence between humans and animals'.. I kind of like how it looks as if this porcine pretty is in the process of swallowing the fence :)


The bronze work below aptly named 'Fun' :) the work of Thai sculptor Naidee Changmoh 'who for many years has been working in a kindergarten. His artworks are inspired by the pureness and happiness of the children'.. what's not to love about that!


The early morning shadows made it a bit tricky to get a really good shot of the bronze/granite work below, 'Catch Me' by Danish sculptor Keld Moseholm, such a delight and definitely a crowd favourite.. madam's dainty jump pose and monsieur's 'determined to catch her whatever the consequences stance' guaranteed a smile :) Keeping a little something back for weekend reflections but will show a few last beach scenes tomorrow. Happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe...
 

32 comments:

  1. A whole lot of fun among these sculptures, Grace... my personal favourite here would be Gate To The Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, another great selection of artistic endeavors. My all time favorite is "Undulation". It makes me think of the waves on the sea crashing to shore. However, "Catch Me" made me grin in a big way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your composition in Undulation is brill with the buoy in the middle! Le last one is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a wonderful patron of the arts, and I love it that you share your artistic finds with us. I think developing new vocabulary is definitely a fine skill. Hoping to find "hug a tree" image you discussed a while back, but it has been so gloomy and rainy here that I can't seem to find a good image for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could live happily with at least 4 of these ones, Grace! I'm glad you got sown there to see the show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm rather puzzled by "Catch Me" - how the hell did she get up there in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That beach is awesome will all of those art sculptures. I like the Gate to the Beach and Pig of Fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sculptures are always such fun! I especially like the last one. Definitely put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifl, reminds me a bit of a place in Urugay (Punta del Este)

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all so brilliant. What a wonderful event.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What sort of a person puts a scrapyard on the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  12. such puffy white clouds and epic blue in your shots! Fitting for the shots.

    Cloudia & The Cloudettes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Smashing stuff Grace but I hope you're being careful, I like 'catch me' it's very funny and clever..

    ReplyDelete
  14. More lovely pictures Grace. I think I might start using your new word "cloudettes". I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The second last is wonderful and great fun. I like the last too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful works of art and yes loved the cloudettes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It must be so much fun to visit this exhibition. I love the last one best. We have them on the Gold Coast but I always seem to miss them except once.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Impressive sculptures, Grace !

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like that last one and the title of it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't decide which one I like best!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful shots Grace. Love the art sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love "Catch Me", Grace, such a cute gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well you've certainly awoken my eyes to some wonderful sculpture.
    They are amazing, the second and third ones are my favourites. I love those kiddies underneath number three!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. "Gate to the Beach" is perfectly framed with the beacon in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love these sculptures. Number 4 and 6 (from the top) are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Every year I enjoy seeing your shots of the sculptures at the sea. Nice ones. I particularly like the jumping woman and catching man.

    Thanks for your visits while I have been away. Looks like you did something to your knee while I wasn't around to protect you . . .

    ReplyDelete