Thursday, March 17, 2016

Art and real life..



I really enjoy Sculpture by the Sea each year, the outdoor gallery on Cottesloe beach couldn't be more perfect for these fun, at times thought-provoking and often mocked creations. The Sunday morning 7am shot above shows the scene before the crowds arrived and even though I was there primarily to see the art, real life usually finds a way of gate-crashing the event :) my lens found the two young girls, twins I'm guessing, skipping along behind dad on their early morning beach walk delightfully irresistible! 


We always have breakfast at Beaches Cafe, directly opposite the beach. On Sunday we were there as it opened at 6.30am, by the time we walked by an hour and a half later it was brimming out onto the side lawn. Eating out in Perth has a reputation as being expensive and I'm sure, as is the same anywhere, certain places can be.. we had three substantial breakfasts, two coffees and a juice for the grand total of $61.. personally I think $20 per person for a scrumpsh brekkie in a fantastic location is not over-the-top expensive, what do you think? Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe...p.s. I fibbed about the sculptures, there's one more to come :)


24 comments:

  1. I imagine walking along that beach is a regular thing for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful summer days...I've seen all the pics about Sculptures By the Sea, I could not choose the best, I love it all! Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that early morning shot along the beach, Grace. $61 for three for a good brekkie sounds pretty good. We paid about the same here on Sunday for three and then $10 for a tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Pat, that price is not bad for a great breakfast meal and that location alone is a huge bonus. Last time I was in California, I paid that much for breakfast at a place right on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely beach and what a great spot for sculptures and for cafes that serve breakfast. Your photos are so nice, Grace; just excellent work and brilliant colors.

    Re breakfast: It's about twice as much as you'd pay here for the same breakfast, but one would not the view or the ambience here that you do there. Someone once told me "You get what you pay for." That, I've found, is usually true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are very sweet! Being sort of a Parisienne, I think that's very cheap. You wouldn't get half of what you had for 20€...

    And you'd never get me to have brekkie at 6:30 on a Sunday morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most enjoyable, and certainly value for the price of admission

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good way to start your day with a walk on the beach if you're awake that early :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice beach day. The cafe reminds me of Flagler Beach not too far from my house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THAT'S what beaches are for--skipping. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore those pictures of the girls with their Dad! They remind me of when I was a kid growing up near the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  12. $20 per head is not too bad for a decent breakfast. It's your coffee prices that are going to have me whingeing. We may have to give Beaches a shot ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The virtual walk was invigorating with lovely visuals!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A walk on the beach is great anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not bad for a breakfast by the sea or for Perth!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is frost again here this morning, so now when I look at your posting today.... it feels so good. Australia, the beaches, temperatures, the joy and fun..... and ZERO woollen clothes:) The number of tourists coming to Perth must have gone up, since you started blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have really enjoyed your photographs of the sculptures on the beach Grace. $20 for a scrumptious breakfast by the sea sounds like a bargain to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've found good food in a nice location anywhere in the world expensive, 20 dollars Australian roughly just over £10 seem like very good value to me for breakfast overlooking the beach and sea...

    ReplyDelete
  19. It´s so good to see that little family at the ocean, the warmth is practically over here :-)
    Oh, Grace, you live but once, always enjoy such a brekkie, I´d say.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice photos of the family walk, have no opinion about the prices, I don't know what a dollar is in euros and am to lazy to look it up. I shoud say don't worry and enjoy as long you can affort it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful life! Love these views.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You had some gorgeous weather for this event and outing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I miss my morning walk on the beach

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great weather
    Great photo's

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete