Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Café Poste..



What better way to while away an hour or so on a weather-wise dull day than by exploring one of the most enchanting garden centre/cafes in Perth. You have seen Café Poste in Guildford, one of Perth's oldest suburbs before but it is definitely, as we were yesterday, a return visit if in the area kind of place. Apart from the charming array of moss covered, rusty garden ornaments that in your garden would instantly give that 'have been here forever' look :) the coffee and French pastries are divine.. 


I was intrigued by the group of old battered tin suitcases here and wondered if they had anything to do with the building back in the day when it was the actual post office.. mail coming in from outlying areas to be posted to loved ones overseas sort of thing.. what do you think? If so can you imagine the memories encased within these rusty old portmanteaus.. there might have been a lot of.. 'Help, it's so dreadfully hot, the spiders and snakes are big and horrible we want to come home!' 😉 Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe..


26 comments:

  1. Beautiful old garden, I'd like to wander there with a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty old garden, a great place to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something mysterious about old suitcases. Even old ones of my own remind me of past journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's definitely a lot of amazing places around here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last photo is pretty great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a really interesting place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking us out for a nice airing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There would be many stories those cases could tell. I expect the naturalised garden pots would be expensive but you could make a very good instant garden with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful Cafe dear Grace! These are the types I would might leave my coffee cold on the table because I'll roam very inch of this place! And I spy an agave plant, I always wanted one for my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful collection of old memories and very inspiring. Good place to enjoy a coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unpacked and stacked high
    Suitcases now long time still
    Remember lives lived
    #haiku

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grace. I’ve had turn comment moderation on my blog due to pesky spammers. Sorry if it’s taken a while for your comments to appear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That does look indeed beautiful, Grace!
    And those suitcases must´ve "seen" a lot. But, weee. Don´t they get hot in summer? I would not want to touch them for transport... there aren´t glovies thick enough ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the suitcases, that feels like wanting to travel....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty place Grace. That is a lot of suitcases...

    ReplyDelete
  16. What A Moment In Time - So Damn Cool - Thanx Perth

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a delightful place, would love to walk around there with you. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! Good Looking!
    Very comfortable place! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks like a fascinating place to explore and have a pastry.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely shots of a lovey place. I have a tin suitcase exactly like the largest one in the pile, it came from Mum and Dad's place. I use it as a blanket box in my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete