Tuesday, September 10, 2019

'Springs of Inspiration'..



A few weeks ago I had a very long overdue spring clean of my bookcases and as much as I hate parting with books there were many that although enjoyed at the time were not dear to me. I would never part with favourite books some of which have been written by dear blog friends. Fret not, the books that went were donated to the Save the Children book sale later this month, a more than worthy cause. While dropping the books off I was rewarded by the discovery of the mural here painted for the Art Space Collective by Perth based artist/illustrator Fieldey. The theme Greek Mythology the mural the artist's interpretation of the myth of Pegasus and Bellerophontes. 'Pegasus was also associated with the muses and everywhere he struck his hoof to the earth, inspirational water and springs were brought forth. In my piece, the water in the background is one of these 'Springs of Inspiration.' A gorgeous discovery don't you think. Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe..


23 comments:

  1. ...inspiration should spring from each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I certainly do think it's gorgeous. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab mural - though it's a pity there wasn't room for the horse's hooves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lucky discovery indeed, grace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horses are very special animals, and Pegasus is every better. Perfect subject for a mural.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours. Spectacular work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your words are even more beautiful than the mural

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing mural. Beautiful post and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Does Perth's gorgeous art ever end? This is another beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We could do with Pegasus in some parts of our country now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favourite greek legends. Love the mural.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, mighty mural. I struggle with my books, too, Grace. Too many I know I will never read again, yet I enjoy seeing them in the shelf. How crazy is that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great mural. Like the subject. Don't see many murals with that theme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great find Grace, I never see such murals here...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh, another terrific mural, you find so many of them!
    I have just got rid of some unwanted books too.... some went to the local thrift shop, where the profit goes to the Mennonite Relief Fund, and some went to the local 55+ Senior's Club lending library.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great find Grace. I too struggle with giving books away :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic mural.
    Never get rid of books. I got rid of some when I moved. Wish I had not done that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful painting, I really like it !

    ReplyDelete