Friday, September 13, 2019

Kangaroos.. what kangaroos!



It's a bit hard to resist the kangaroos on St Georges Terrace, especially when accompanied by pretty spring wildflowers 🌸   'Kangaroos on the Terrace' a sculpture comprising of five kangaroos by husband wife team Charles Smith and Joan Walsh-Smith is a huge draw card and photo op for visitors to the city.. 


Oh there you are :) How fab do the restored State Buildings look over the road in the background. I know you have seen the kangaroos before and you might see them again from a different angle.. a mob of kangaroos on a terrace in a city is not something you see everyday right :) Happy Friday, take care and stay safe..



29 comments:

  1. ...they are something that I would love to see one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it be fun to see them in a park here in the winter snow!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring-Aroos! Thanks for sharing spring in the fall and kangaroos overall Mon Ami 🌈

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these photos. Hope you are well, I think of you often but time is limited at present. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I love these photos. Those kangaroos are great. The one looks like he's chasing down the pedestrians.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are terrific sculptures and I loved seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow They are big. I don't remember seeing them back when I was last there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice sculptures. I'm sure they have a starring role in a lot of tourist selfies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make me feel being home, Grace.
    T and I got lost in IKEA this week (and T is a man!!!! Just saying!), but here I know where this is! :-)
    Happy Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favourite statues in the city Grace. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is nice to see them jumping in the street! I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so funny.
    Wonderful poses of these statues. I think when you see these statues by night, you think they are real and escaped...hihi...!!

    Best regards,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite was seeing kangaroos hopping through a neighborhood, just like the deer do here. But tis sculpture is so fun.

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful sculptures. The last photo is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh those roos are super duper. Perhaps they come to life in the moonlight when nobody is watching. I do hope so!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are really cute, love them !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool...I'd definitely stop for a photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The kangaroo statues are nothing short of fabulous. They enliven a city far more than a sculpture of a former mayor or other politician.

    ReplyDelete