Saturday, October 27, 2018

Beyond Bling..



Just thought I'd mention that yesterday's post was a bit of tongue in cheek humour on my part, just a hole in the wall, not a piece of art at all 😉This was the exhibition we went to see at Art Gallery WA last week. I was surprised by how few pics I took. Beyond Bling is a collection 'centered on 300 varied pieces from the State Art Collection from the 1800s to today. Beyond Bling unlocks the vaults to showcase the best, the bizarre and the most sophisticated jewels in its historical and contemporary collections. Moving from bold and captivating wearable art to quiet and subtle'. If you click the BB link above there is a tres interesting short video showing how the exhibition was put together. My personal favs were the two rings below, the butterfly ring c1970 and the mid 18th century eye ring, I would definitely wear them both. Have a good weekend, take care and stay safe..


24 comments:

  1. The egg and necklace combination particularly stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoes look= very uncomfortable. The egg is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to tour that show Grace. There were a few pieces there that I would wear and others I'd have for display!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shoes caught my eye. I would think they would be difficult to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look so extravagant - wonder how those shoes would feel?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fancy shoes! Not much good for hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!
    Those shoes.
    Colourful but un-comfortable!

    Have a great weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some fabulously fancy stuff there. The ring with the eye.... well, I'd love to wear it. But it would keep looking at me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Different bling for different blingers, I guess. I can see Elton John wearing those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well having still a goldsmith in the family (aka lille Bro only now) ... bling is just a bit away, Grace ;-)
    That hole was a bummer, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. If they ever remake the Wizard of Oz with a masculine protagonist, instead of Dorothy, those red shoes would come in handy. Surely, with one click, one would be transported!

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like those lovely artpieces, I could weare some of them...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I like the lizard I would wear that 😊 Hope all is well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Astonishing items. It's hard to believe that people were willing to invest so much time and money into looking good when life must have been so hard for so many. You've reminded me that I want to go to the Archaeology Museum in Cambridge to see the gold torc which was dug up in a Fenland field just 2 years ago. It was made more than 3,000 years ago from 730 grams of almost pure gold.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my these are some incredible fashion trends, just beginning with those shoes, which my wide feet are screaming, now way baby! Elaborate designs all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Grace, please send me those shoes, they are the right shoes for mountaineering ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great collection of bling! Those shoes are amazing. Would you wear them to a ball? Not I, said the old man from Florida! Hope all goes well with you, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What interesting exhibit. That would have drawn my attention too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I fell for your joke artwork. It could have been real based on my experience of contemporary art. I will go for the shoes even though they would be quite useless.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love me some BLING!!! Looks like a fun and interesting exhibit! I love seeing historical jewelry...

    ReplyDelete