Monday, October 29, 2018

Beauty...



... and


... the beast! Spotted the last time we were in Fremantle. Fremantle, the 'city of artists' has so much incroyable street art with many people now choosing to adorn their own private property. The mural here caused a bit of negative reaction from some of the locals. Although initially it might give one a bit of a start coming face to face with the serpent above when turning the corner :) I personally would have no problems at all with this beautifully executed piece, such a shame I couldn't find the artist's name.. doesn't mean it wasn't there, as with yesterday's post, the type of car was clearly shown on both back and front numbers plates, time for new specs pour moi peut être 😎 Hope you had/are still having a good weekend, happy Monday, take care and stay safe..


27 comments:

  1. ...it sure is a long and colorful one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The artist has a great eye for colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beauty is beautiful. I've never seen a purple seahorse before. The serpent is scary but it is beautiful, too, in its own way. Nice post, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and would be thrilled if my neighbor added something like that to the area!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic mural. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sea horses and I like snakes so perfect murals for me 😊 Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. After spending some time in China I have come to appreciate a good dragon. That is a great mural for your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A serpent lingering in a quiet street. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much colour where you live, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. This is truly amazing street art Grace. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing wall arts. Loved all pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Grace, big LOL!
    ".. and the beast" came immediately to my mind cause that seahorse kinda, does not look friendly!
    That last shot is very.amazing.
    Beautiful. (If not exactly friendly, either ;-)...)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It would be fun to walk around the corner and be confronted by that snake. The benefit of murals is that is discouraged or at least disguises graffiti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its indeed the beauty and the beast. Confronting when you just round the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way the beast wraps around the wall. Our city has one part of town that is determined to attract people through elaborate murals. Well.... the brew pubs help, too!

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you have always such beautiful murals in your place!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful mural. I like everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty Grace! I love the seahorse. I thought I needed new specs too, but turns out I need cataract surgery. Yikes! Not looking forward to it, but if I want to see clearly, I guess I will have to endure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The serpent in the last photo is a bit scary, but the mural is fabulous and very colourful. Great find Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  20. More murals in more neighbourhoods I say!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous, love the colours.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete