Friday, June 26, 2015

'Wot about the chips' !



I was totally out of my comfort zone taking these shots on Wednesday evening. Disappointed at missing the full sunset looking up I spotted a bit of action going on at the top of the lighthouse. On the viewing level I had to lean back to take these shots of an Osprey ravenously tucking into a fish of some sort, see it's tail sticking out there, looks like a biggie. Being up high was nervy enough but leaning backwards nearly put me over the edge :) From this angle it looks like the lighthouse could do with a bit of a rust-proof paint touch-up!


So engrossed in its fish feast frenzy it took a minute for the Osprey to wonder what was going on below, there was a lot bit of hrrrumphing going on (by moi) much to the amusement of the three young ladies leaning over the edge taking selfies.. leaning over edges high up seems a ridiculous thing to do right! Then I got the glare.. 'sup down there :)


Surveying his hunting grounds...


Birds eye view of the marina, not too shabby..


Looking back.. rule #coming right after rule #look up :) It was about 5.45p.m. and the lighthouse beam shone out to sea. Winter solstice in the southern hemisphere occurred a few days ago, the days will begin to get longer, so far Perth hasn't had much of a winter, but there's still time! Happy Friday, take care and stay safe...


33 comments:

  1. What terrific captures for the day, Grace!! And I do love your blue, blue skies and the Osprey!!!! WOW!! Hope you're getting ready for a great weekend!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birds of prey are such magnificent beasts - well captured! Was the fish battered?! The marina is indeed very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say what you captured is just marvelous, extremely cool with that Osprey is it? I just adore any and and all lighthouses too, and every piece of rust is just a bit more character showing through! Enjoy your weekend out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is really exciting, especially for one who lives in the desert. Good onya for getting those shots no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were way braver than I would have been! Still, I'm a tad jealous that you had an adventure with a lighthouse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He doesn't look especially concerned that you're invading its territory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wat een geweldig mooie plek heeft hij met een prachtig uitzicht op zijn jachtterrein.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great spotting, Grace! And beautiful light on the marina.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job seeing this guy up there with his dinner and even better job leaning backwards to get his photo. That would have made me a bit wobbly too! By the way, you won't catch me leaning over any edges to take selfies or any other kind of photo for that matter. Nope, not me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lighthouses are really interesting. Good photos Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shots of the Osprey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice you could join the osprey while it was having it's supper. Great views from up there. Just remember to stay well braced when looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful series...great shots of the osprey. And that sunset is magnifique as it the late shot of the lighthouse. We had an osprey on a golf course I played and it would often dive from high in a tree into a canal nearby to come up with a big fish which it carried to its nest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow))) this little friend like sunset too))

    xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those last two pictures Grace, such subtle, lovely colours...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous shots of the osprey Grace. I'm so glad you looked up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the shot of the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goodness, I love these shots, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Superb stuff.
    In fact I think the last the best!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photo of Hillary's marina, and I love that you caught the bird in action.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lot of beautiful images here: my favorite is the last one, but I also like the view of the marine and the osprey!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I appreciate it very much all the efforts you do for blogging, I give you a 10!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous shots, Grace, but the last one stands out !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super shot of the osprey. "Don't mess with my fish. I've got talons!"

    ReplyDelete
  25. My respect, Grace! Climbing up... wow, but leaning backwards...woah! Despite I did not and will not I´m happy I knew at once what the pic is :-)
    Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ha, he's looking right at you! great shots and i really love that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You know something, Grace, these are fantastic photographs. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A fun series, Grace. I am not a fan of heights, either. And your early sunset photo is so serene!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your title just made me lol so hard, p'raps because I've just watched this week's Corrie episodes! These are brilliant, oooh I'm not bothered by someone taking my photo, no I'm not!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The spot of color in the last photo turn this photo into an art form.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! Thoroughly enjoyed this post!!! Your photography and narration both terrific!!

    ReplyDelete