Sunday, June 28, 2015

Hat trick of WA artistic talent..



Back in March this year three talented WA artists worked together on a wall off Beaufort Street in Mt. Lawley, here is the result. The first section above by Melski, 'the creative mind behind the laneway collective, bringing local street artist and wall owners together'. Since it's beginnings back in Feb 2014 there's been many a walls covered. Below the amazing portrait piece by Fieldey.. River Phoenix, James Dean and Marlon Brando, all three would have loved Perth :)


Last but by no means least the work of Brenton See who uses the shapes 'to represent feelings, emotions or experiences, the branch represents growth, change and the process of aging and animals that are generally large, graceful and unbothered by anything around them'..


An otherwise tres banal wall in a car park brought to life by colour and form, what do you think? I'm hoping your weekend has been so much better than mine, I spent a good part of it in bed with flu, just beginning to feel human again.. and I had soo much I wanted to do, ah well, c'est la vie! Happy Monday, take care and stay safe...
Click here to view all participants of Monday Mural


35 comments:

  1. I really like the Breton See piece, Grace!
    I knew you would like the red wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide which one I like best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally in awe of the paintings that you have there, Grace!! I continue to be amazed every day!! Your captures are terrific and the next best thing to being there -- which I wish I were!!! Awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing!! Hope you have a great new week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love all of them but the second one is my favourite!

    Hope you feel better and are out and about soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one impressive wall mural!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, hope you're feeling better now. Love these murals, especially the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all very nice but I think I like that last one the best. I love the shapes and lines. As for the actors, I recognize the faces but as usual, the names escape me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're all good Grace but that second one is a winner, what a pool of talent you have there...

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all beautiful murals Grace. I'm so sorry you've been sick, but I'm glad to hear you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first two are well-painted. The geometric wall doesn't excite me.

    So sorry about the flu. Rest, warmth, fluids and chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the bird and flashy flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you're feeling better Grace. What a wonderful mural, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perth seems such an artistic place, Grace!





    ALOHA
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like all three of them, variety of approaches. Get well soon Grace x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm amazed at how much street art you have. Unlike others, I like the See wall the best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Street Art Grace. It seems to me that the Street Art in Perth is much more planned than Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very informational blog. Really Liked it .

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like all three, but the flowers and bird in the first one are especially appealing to me. Hope you are feeling up to snuff soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great murals here and very different in style somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like that second one with the three moviestars, you found some very pretty murals. I always have to look like a detective to find one. Fortunately I found some in Copenhagen. Hope your flu will be over soon and wish you all the best, take it easy.
    Love, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Grace, you found a GREAT one! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love them all, without exceptions!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can´t decide which one I like most, Grace, they´re all great work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really beautiful murals, Grace !

    ReplyDelete
  25. i like them all but i think the last one is my favorite...i hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't choose one. All three are simply great! You have amazing street art out there.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous!
    Have a Wonderful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such interesting yet varying styles in the alley. I confess I'm partial to the animals in the geometric world. Nice discovery. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great artistic walls. I like them all:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such talent, I'd love to catch one of these artists in action!

    ReplyDelete