Friday, June 19, 2015

Smart Arts.. Hom(m)age to Africa!



You may or may not know that I spent a good many years of my life growing up in central Africa.. Zimbabwe and Zambia, followed by a few years in UK before settling here in Perth. Most people leave Africa with a substantial collection of wood carved animals and copper ornaments to remind them of time spent on the dark continent.. we travel light :) Searching for a new piece of canvas art to brighten up the recently refreshed red wall, I came across the brilliant Smart Arts Gallery in Fremantle and after seeing Jack's fab photos of zebras taken while in S.Africa I thought the contrast of black & white would be perfect. I spotted the hand-painted work below while perusing Smart Arts website, that's my painting being wrapped above, merci beaucoup for your help Johnny, I'll be back.. the VW Camper van to the right is kinda cool! Happy Friday, take care and stay safe..


29 comments:

  1. I don't think this could be any more perfect for your wall, Grace! Gorgeous. And I do like that VW wagon, too. What a great shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I totally agree with Lowell, Grace!! I love all of these!! I, too, loved Jack's pics from his time in Africa recently!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't be better, Grace. (And I am a big fan of bright red walls . . . no reason to live life cautiously, is there?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of the childhood riddle "what's black and white and red all over?" Please tell me you know both the answers to this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of the childhood riddle "what's black and white and red all over?" Please tell me you know both the answers to this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good work, perfect for that wall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid art. The zebras caught my eye immediately and this art looks stunning on the red wall. The touch of the mirror adds a sense of animated illusion, dependent on the person's movements nearby. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very good choice. It will look great on a red wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The zebra canvas really stands out beautifully, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it, Grace! And you have to know I love your red wall. I'm in the midst of deciding on a red for a wall in our place - yours looks like a good one - I should go to Perth to buy paint - a good excuse. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this and it looks simply fantastic on that red wall. That's a beautiful choice! I do love zebras.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some fantastic work there Grace, I love the zebra picture...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect for your wall, love the reflection in the mirror as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many to choose from Grace but the Zebras win it for me. Wishing you a good weekend also.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous painting Grace.... great choice!
    I do have a few mementoes around my house from my African days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great choice, and I love it on your red wall.
    Happy weekend, Grace:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great piece Grace! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goes well with the red wall. I also like the VW camper!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Grace, VW follows me everywhere ;-)
    Love the red wall with that canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great choice! The colors ware bold and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great VW bus! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  22. You probably know Africa is my favourite continent. :-) Love the zebra painting.

    ReplyDelete