Thursday, February 20, 2020

Stepping back in time..



"Films, photos, books, clothes, music.. it's all so simple at face value,
but it has the incredible power to make us nostalgic for earlier eras we never grew up in.."

 Out and about yesterday we called in at Mid-Century Cafe and Collectables for a coffee. Stepping back into the 1940/50/60's this fabulous retro cafe has enough room to 'create several scenes straight from the kitchens and lounges of the mid-century era that we love so much'. Check out that wallpaper, the TV antennae.. not to mention the TV. Love the table below centre though, the chairs too 💙 It is a super cool spot and the coffee was bang up to date. Anything you recognize here? I'm pretty sure my parents TV had an antennae like that :)  Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe..




19 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is fun! I love the table and chairs too. I'm pretty sure my grandmother had a set of glasses like those. Growing up, we had a TV that looked very much like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...such a great idea. Step back in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we had glasses like those at home! What a neat place, Grace! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a really nice place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like home used to :-))))) Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much of the stuff in your photos looks familiar. Yes, I lived through this era. The Mid-Century modern furniture is now highly collectable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great. You must have sat under a hair dryer as seen on the right in the first photo at some point in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The neighbours probably thought I found a slice of pizza, or such, Grace.
    LOL, I opened your blog, enjoyed your banner, as usual, and then went "HMMMMMMM", as in "yum", but who says that :-)
    Ohhhh, Aaaand! The wallpaper is 70´s!
    My kitchen table is 50´s (from my late Grandma, with burned spots due to my lille Brother making nonesense).
    The chairs!! List! On my Perth list! Humour is on their list, so we´re in!
    Oh noooo. We found tennis rackets like that in the attic, I bet Bro threw them away.
    Oh, and the food!!
    I´d like to come over right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 70's! That is my childhood …
    I don't like the wallpaper ... but my mother loved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do find the quirkiest places Grace. I remember that style too and the hair dryer, lol. We had a similar wallpaper in the first apartment we rented in Germany, just in green.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, That orange wall paper is so typical for the seventies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just needs that painting of the woman with a green face on the wall and maybe a radiogram.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of familiar stuff though not in our family home which was simpler post war 1940s furnishings - some of those pieces now grace my home. And no wall paper either ... far too posh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, and a lot of these things are making a comeback as well! What great fun remembering a whole of these things.

    ReplyDelete