Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Antiques, retro, weird stuff, cool junk!



Everything mentioned in the title and more. Is there anyone out there that loves perusing 'old stuff' as much as I do? I took my sisters to my favourite 'you never know what you might find' Shabby Chic Vintage Market on the weekend. It's been a while since the last time and there was lots to see, plus morning tea and scones served in Royal Albert cups on a beautiful vintage dining table surrounded by objets du passé, parfait! I aged-up the shot above but thought you might like to see the colours below. I came away with a gorgeous Art Deco clock, not the clock in the picture here, a beautiful Italian vase for my kitchen utensils and a rusty old duck-egg blue with brass handles bucket to pot my blueberry bush in. I never buy anything these days that I'm not actually going to use.. well ok, the Art Deco clock was purely for the love of it 😉 Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe..


26 comments:

  1. Always enjoy wandering around in antique (junk) stores. Never know what you might find. Your first shot is perfect in monotone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is most definitely my kind of place. Your treasures sound perfect to me. In fact, an antique vase to hold kitchen utensils sounds much more fun than the stainless steel thing I have. I might have to follow your lead on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking round such places, but only rarely splash the cash in them. I have a vase of penny whistles on my sideboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can spend hours in these sort of places though I need to be on my own it does not work with husband in tow!! Have a great week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be hard to resist some of the treasures there!
    It was +6˚C here today and I saw people eating lunch outside in the sun! Thought of you, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh YES I love these places. Love the dog from your previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The clock is a particularly appealing one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds an interesting place to mooch around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to browse such places. I rarely buy anything these days though. I have everything I need.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The clock looks much better in sepia tones. No photo of clock you bought? Promise we will say nice things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I love a 2nd hand shop, there's always so much to rummage through, far too tempting for me, I always come out with something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also love to gander though second hand stores. Most of my art and craft supplies come out of some type of second hand stores

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, clocks are dangerous, Grace, I sure understand. Sadly it looks like the Grumpy Sailor here - no clock is on the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Effective sepia toning!
    It's so cool! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. And you never know what you will find?(Or not).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello,
    Beautiful all these nostalgic things. Looks very nice for the enthusiast. Beautiful pictures.

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I look at my attic it seems I have my own vintage shop there...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I Absolutely Love These - What Gems - Thanx For Taking The Time

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much fun stuff to see, and possibly bring some home too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We should meet there for coffee one day Grace :)

    ReplyDelete

  21. I would certainly buy something .. :) ew

    ReplyDelete
  22. I used to love visiting such shops and inevitably bought things, now I stay away so I don't feel tempted.

    ReplyDelete