Monday, February 24, 2020

Plucky ducky..



Despite the weather yesterday, how the rubber ducky here didn't melt I don't know, I bribed Aimee with the promise of ice-cream and we went along to Hillarys Boat Harbour to see what I thought was going to be the sight of 10,000 rubber duckies racing, with help from the wind, from the boardwalk above to the small beach below in the 2020 Duck Derby. We were 34 days too soon, the actual Duck Derby for Rotary is on the 29th March. It was the launch yesterday to sell tickets, did I mention I bought the lucky ticket I should be so lucky for the 1st prize, a bright yellow Yaris, so the trip was absolutely worth it :) OMG I hope the rain they forecast for today actually happens, that would be bloomin' marvelous! Happy Monday, take care and stay safe..


18 comments:

  1. ...you folks in Perth sure do things up in a big way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the ticket Grace :) The rubber duck is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get your rain. What a fine looking yellow Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always better to be early than late. Fingers crossed for that winning ticket. We had rain all day yesterday. I wish I knew how to send it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That'll be quite something when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bit confused. You haven't yet won the car? I know you will have fun whatever, G!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It'll be a nasty shock when you find out that the large inflatable duck is called Yaris. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does the duck sing the rubber ducky song?

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least you were not 29 days late, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, there's something to look forward to, the rubber duck race. Lol at John's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here’s hoping you get that rain, Grace! Maybe break that heat finally!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grace! Every time! Thank you for another laugh! 34 days!!!
    Ingo wants to book the flight. I said I want to see Sculpture by the Sea. Do you have a better idea?

    And... another earworm. I bet you grin. (Well, haha. I do, too! ;-)...)
    Cute ducky, can´t wait for the pics to come (in a while ;-)...)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you also take a bath with this big duck? 😅

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too bad about not winning the car, but that is one cool duck!

    ReplyDelete