Monday, August 27, 2018

City to Surf 2018.. The tortoise and the hare!



Arriving in the city at 8am yesterday morning for this years City to Surf run/walk, the first time for three years. With the help of knee guards, pain killers and dogged determination :) we walked the 12k in a more than respectable time! The tortoise and the hare analogy couldn't have been more appropriate, keeping a steady pace soon had us passing the speedy hare's that were running out of puff 😉 Above and below heading up to the start line on St Georges Terrace..




Along the way..


The gorgeous dog below was there at the half way mark, spread out at the side of the road blatantly waiting for tummy rubs, of which he got many, from passing walkers.. he was adorable and it was very kind of his owner to share it's doggy restorative powers 💛


The prettiest section of the walk through Perry Lakes Reserve
onto Oceanic Drive and..


... the last leg of the walk before arriving at City Beach. I haven't been so happy to see the Indian Ocean since the last time I did this walk :) For every down you walk there is a hill to climb, that's what makes this a challenge, I don't mind saying I was pretty chuffed with myself :) Happy Monday, take care and stay safe...


22 comments:

  1. Very brave of you to do the walk Grace! Hope your knees took it well.
    Love the dog awaiting for tummy rubs, how sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite an accomplishment! Bravo!

    Cute puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...slow and steady is the name of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Grace's knees. Looks as though you had a nice day for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you, Grace. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed, Grace! Hope the knee is fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have probably got to the 10 km mark and than I would have failed miserably. Well done a great effort. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, a great challenge you managed to finish. You can be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a cool event! Thanks for bringing us, G

    ReplyDelete
  10. I kept looking for you in the background in tv footage of Ms Bishop competing in the run. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a fun walk, Grace. Glad you were able to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is quite long hike..I am afraid that I would be on my back like the dog...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Well done Grace. A great accomplishment! You’re back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done! I remember when I first started walking, it was an 8.5k walking event with a friend but I look back now and know it started me off on my love of walking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's terrific Grace. I'm glad that happy pooch along he way shared his restorative powers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you! It sounds like quite an event and an even bigger accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Grace, you did a great job!!!! Reminds of that Bundeswehr-walk, ohhhh, my ;-)
    So sorry about your knee.
    And dog IS adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome! Looks like a good turnout!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The dog looks like he has done the run and is exhausted. Well done on completing the walk/run.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do say, Bravo, and what an experience together with incredible weather too!

    ReplyDelete