Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Art... on the street!



Could street art get any more 'street' than this :) In a lane abundant with art on the walls in Highgate the sploshes of paint left behind by mural artists, intentionally or accidentally, have been re-worked into comic characters. I recognized SpongeBob SquarePants above and below looking down the lane..
 

... his best friend Patrick Star below.


... genie summoned from his magic lamp :)


 ... and lastly this could be Looney Tunes character Gossamer, the shoes give it away :) I'm kidding.. I had no idea but it's true.. you really can find out everything on Google! They're pretty cute and creative don't you think.. made me smile anyway :) Show you more of the serious murals from this spot next Monday. Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe...


31 comments:

  1. Spongebob deserved to get run over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite funny how paint sploshes get worked out into comic characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great art, was it on purpose of an accident well thought what ever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people have very good imaginations. Me, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very clever way of dressing up paint splashes. I would not have recognized the cartoon characters, apparently art is int he eye of the beholder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! My youngest grandson loves Spongebob, so I recognized both he and Patrick right away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that truly is cute streetart, Grace :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gee I wish our town would do something like this. How Cool.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creative use of paint splotches. Great for little ones to appreciate up close.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They made me smile too! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dunno. Is this art? Or is it just another way to get out of cleaning up a mess? :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is very creative streetart, made me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's definitely street art, right on the street itself. I don't think our maintenance people here would appreciate this so i won't try it, creative though it definitely is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Creative messes, I love it! Thanks for the well wishes concerning my cataract surgery. It went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Grace ... I've just been looking back at your posts from lunch at the Indiana, to the Golden Globes (amazing),and now the street art - which is fantastic. I love it!

    Hope all is well with you and yours ... take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bart Simpson with one too many firecracker.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They indeed are cute and creative. It looks like all of them swallowed fire crackers. Or maybe were Peeps that got microwaved too long. But I did chortle. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Splash Art ? :)
    Nice finds, Grace !

    ReplyDelete
  19. An original way to see the art! Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are cute (and very creative)!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Splash art needs more imagination. Lovely capture...

    ReplyDelete