Sunday, September 28, 2014

Deadly visitor..



So this is a first for me! Not what you've come to expect on my bird feeders.. me neither! I heard the fracas in the back yard and walked out just in time to see the Peregrine Falcon bag his dinner which he dropped when he saw me, as you can see from the glare below he wasn't well pleased to be disturbed but I managed to fire off half a dozen shots before he, living up to his reputation as the fastest predator in the world, swooped down and away, I didn't even see him pick up his prey.. but he did! It was quite an amazing experience.. I think I prefer my galahs, lorikeets and doves, but wow! Happy Sunday, take care... p.s. I should have mentioned, his prey was a not so lucky dove..


13 comments:

  1. Fantastic photo of falcons ... well done ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that was an unexpected visitor with bad behavior. The photos are excellent, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks scary! Amazing that you got such good photos of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got goosebumps, Grace... he´s got "cold" eyes, kinda, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. even though I like falcons and hawks, it's interesting to me that my initial reaction was one of distress at the plight of the dove...forgetting that humans are the epitome of meat eaters!!

    the photos are excellent, he was definitely keeping an eye on you and his prey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT image. Those eyes! Poor dove.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow indeed! Stunning photos. You did well to have your camera to hand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Impressive bird and nice photos of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Egyptian god Horus visits Perth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos, catching the strong expression of the falcon. He is a menacing creature and is very scary!

    ReplyDelete