Monday, August 21, 2017

Winter blues...



I took these shots yesterday standing on the fisherman's pier, in the collage below, along the West Coast road five minutes from home. Although a chill brisk breeze was blowing strongly it was wonderful to feel the wind blowing through my hair, gazing out on the medley of blue and turquoise, which were exactly as you see them here, no touch-ups I promise! Turning their camera this way then that I was tempted to call down to inquire what had captured the photographers eye down there. The young boy fishing with his dad was hoping to take home a whiting or two and the companionable seagulls were just shooting the breeze :) Hope you had/are having a good weekend, happy Monday, take care and stay safe...  


28 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Grace!
    We saw some fishermen today, too. Having two tents built up, a bbq, some beers and, by chance, also a fishing rod - ewww, river Oker is still way to muddy from the floods for fishing so I reckon this was just an excuse for an arvo-bbq :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. always nice sea in winter,nice pictures! ew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely seascapes. Love the range of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are not feeling too blue, great photos. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turquoise colour is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are the kind of winter blues I could really get into!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sea and all its beauty. Awesome photos, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, the colors in the water are gorgeous and so jewel-like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...my winter blues don't look a thing like this...pretty cool blues, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute little jetty. It looks like it was designed just for viewing and fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I envy you,living so close to the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We live walking distance to salt water, which I totally love. But it never looks like this. The color is jaw-dropping beautiful. I'll take this kind of winter blues any season!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful photos Grace, love the turquoise shades of the water.
    I was at Kings Park and it was a lovely sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a nice view, you have such beautiful emerald water there. Here the sea is always grey.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful blues and turquoises... what a wonderful way to enjoy winter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really incredible photos and what a wonderful landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous shots Grace! I love seeing all of the different shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heaven! The blues...breath taking!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh, these are the prettiest winter blues I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heavenly blue waters!! Such lovely views of the winter blues, inded! A very nice day and week!

    ReplyDelete