Monday, April 27, 2015

This little blogger went to market..



I wish I could explain the image above.. but I have no idea :) Years ago it was my Sunday morning ritual to zip up to the Wanneroo Markets to buy fresh flowers for the week, yesterday I went for the first time in ages. It looks like they are encouraging the ever popular at the moment 'pop up' shops and it's quite possible that it may have something to do with super hero framed photos.. I could be wrong. Below if you're planning your wedding on a budget, and I think you should.. you can buy a wedding gown here for between $90 to $200, seems fair for something you'll hopefully only wear once..


Or you could sit for a bit and have your portrait sketched, I didn't and I suspect Leo didn't either..


I almost bought one of these tee shirts below for P, he doesn't have dread-locks, or drink beer.. ignore the two on the right, so guess which one :)


I did buy some seasonal fruit and veg..very fresh!


I could do with a bit more exercise, but think I might be a hazard on the road :)


I already have everything I need for belly dancing!


Flowers that last forever...


... or flowers that last for a week if you're lucky. I choose the latter..always! Hope that you had or are still having a fab weekend. It's a long weekend here in Austalia, sleep in tomorrow yay! Happy Monday, take care and stay safe..
 Visit James to see more weekend reflections






34 comments:

  1. Looks like you can buy just about everything at the market. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, something for everyone and everything!! My kind of place!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could sell them some belly for more dancing if they are interested? The sunflowers are a lovely choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top image looks like the comic book character Silver Surfer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the sculpture looks like a gigantic ice sculpture. perhaps he's racing to the market!!
    fresh veggies! yeah! that would be my main reason for going there...but it's always nice to wander...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sunshiny and bright post!! T-shirt? I sure hope it was Marley!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm... I wonder what makes him grumpy...?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fine medley of market stuff. Do you want to elaborate about already having all you need for belly dancing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fascinating place. I could get lost in their for a long time. The first shot reminds me of a bowler who dropped his ball. And I'll pass on the cheapo wedding gowns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What?! $200 for something you wear only once? Ridiculous! T-shirts and jeans. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely set of pictures Grace, the figure at the top is very dynamic...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flower shop and flowers. Grab a bike and take spin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sunflowers trump everything. Nice variety.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many things! I like the sunflowers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. fun going about with you, G



    ALOHA from Honolulu,
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely series from the market. Perhaps that first shot is of the Marvel comics character The Silver Surfer? And I see you found a t-shirt for me, "Grumpy Old Man".

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a crazy place. Looks like a blend of Bourbon Street in New Orleans and Pike Place Marker in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great little tour around the market - haven't been there for years (what an old stick-in-the-mud I am!!).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you were having a ball at the market Grace. Plenty of variety I see.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good choice on the sunflowers, they are beautiful and brighten up any day!
    Love the T-shirt you considered buying...lol
    Wedding dresses up to $200, what a bargain, I bet not many brides go to Wanneroo and spend thousands instead!

    ReplyDelete
  21. In enjoyed the walk through the market. I have a pitcher very similar to the one you have...I think I need some fresh sunflowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A fascinating market, Grace, so many different things...

    ReplyDelete
  23. What great colors, all. I'd go with Marley tee.

    ReplyDelete
  24. We now know where to buy a wedding gown isn't it? Just go to the market and pick one out. You don't have to make it yourself difficult.:) Your hubby is not a grumpy old man, is he?

    ReplyDelete
  25. You sure made me laugh with this post, Grace :-)
    I love the first pic! And, well, what can I say. My "wedding gown" was $10 (K-Mart) and I can wear it in summer still :-)
    Yah, that t-shirt... I nearly bought it for Ingo! Awww, the flowers, so nice to see. 8C, rainy over here

    ReplyDelete
  26. Many years ago my dad had one of those t-shirts you see in the center of your shot. He enjoyed wearing it. I love those flowers. I'm with you on the real ones. I go for those every time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. An incredible and wonderful assortment of strange things: I could spend hours there...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Eine schöne Auswahl auf dem Markt die Fahrräder sind schön für eine gemütliche Fahrt durch die Stadt.

    Gruß
    Noke

    ReplyDelete
  29. The images with bicycles and the sunflowers are my favourites.
    All HAPPY images.
    I liked that!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The sunflowers are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love that last shot, Grace! And also the tour of the market!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh I want the "Grumpy Old Man" T-shirt for someone I know. :) Fresh flowers and fresh veggies would draw me into the market.

    ReplyDelete