Friday, November 15, 2019

Art appreciation..



We were in the city yesterday to see the Lester Prize for Portraiture exhibition at Art Gallery WA. Amazing series of portraits by Australian artists but not everyone was impressed. There were a few school groups visiting the gallery, the young lad above was fast asleep..couldn't resist a quick snap before his teacher came striding around the corner to drag him off. Was one of those hot and busy days yesterday, didn't get a chance to edit the many shots I took so will show you my favourites from the exhibition tomorrow. Happy Friday, take care and stay safe.. P.s. Wonder if this is the way most young men feel when they visit an art gallery 😉

22 comments:

  1. For me it depends on the art. What I see here would make me wander off in search of Impressionists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was crazy for all kinds of visual art when I was that age, but I was in a minority. However I did sleep through a production of Hamlet though while on a school trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some art I like, others I don't, but I certainly wouldn't fall asleep inside the gallery. Oh young people :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dig The Egg - Have A Wonderful Weekend

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. He must have really been tired 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  6. That young man is certainly not a "visual" person. Being a truly visual person myself, it's hard for me to understand anyone who isn't moved by images of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kunst macht müde oder ist er dann auch Kunst?

    Noke

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is hard to be cool when you are that age!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He has chosen a very impressive gallery to take a nap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If he was tired enough to fall asleep there, he must have been exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe he was just "resting his eyes". That's what my kids always used to say when they didn't want to admit to falling asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'the young lad above' on the couch is the artistic object! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. No way, Grace, he was asleep?!!!
    Ignorance is everywhere, I saw it yesterday, too.
    Let´s be happy we are not that way, but walk with open eyes...
    Happy Friday. Off to clean the condo, argh ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everyone has its own approach to art as your beautiful shot approves. Well done.I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very funny picture of this gallery.

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
  16. Most school children see visiting a museum as waisted time.... especially boys I am afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hah! A wonderful bit of serendipity to come across this boy being a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well perhaps he's admiring what the ceiling has to offer! Too funny really.

    ReplyDelete