Tuesday, February 5, 2019

With the stroke of a brush..



Sometimes when you aren't even looking the universe hands you a gem on a plate! Yesterday in Morley we popped into Coventry Village and there she was, looking out at me with those soulful eyes. On the wall of a restaurant that I can't remember the name of. I have unlimited admiration with a healthy dab of envy for the talent of artists, to be able to evoke such emotion with what looks like a few strokes of a paintbrush, that's skill. Signed Naka, this was all I could find relating to the artist. I enjoyed seeing her, I hope you did also 💓Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe..

16 comments:

  1. She is a beauty. It looks like there might be a long story to go with her beautiful features.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beauty indeed! Very nice, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks as if she is painted onto a surface of pages of text. Very nice, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is stunning. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! And it seems it's painted over book pages. Thanks Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems the most skilled artists can do so much with so little. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and clever, Grace. Last time I was in Morley was 2006... Help, time runs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool looking kind of Mona lisa mural.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I have enjoyed seeing her, this one is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great portrait indeed. I admire everyone who can paint or draw. It is an art I never managed to do properly, I still draw like a four year old child...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some artists do make it look easy. I think monochrome really can be challenging and this is great

    Janis

    GDP

    ReplyDelete