Saturday, April 29, 2017

Wishing you were here..



I caught up with fellow Perth blogger Sami yesterday and with a few minutes to spare I had time to admire Perth based artist and designer Anne Neil's sculpture 'Here'.. j'adore the simplicity of the concept 'being here in the moment in a special place and wishing you were here'. The sculpture overlooking the fabulous beach in the coastal suburb of City Beach is indeed in a special place, and the 'wishing you were here' applies on many occasions :) We had a long lunch in Clancy's Fish Bar, super relaxed venue where you don't feel you have to eat and run :) Have a happy and safe weekend, take care... 


26 comments:

  1. It is cold here and your area looks so lovely. Wish I was there, PDP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool sculpture, and I do like that double chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sculpture fits in perfectly, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that sculpture a lot, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was lovely to catch up Grace, it was a beautiful and relaxing venue. Thanks for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful sculpture and I like the concept behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a fan of a long lunch. Looks like a fun place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lines of this sculpture.
    Great colours in the café too.

    Enjoy your weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is philosophy and not a little Buddhism woven into this scene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a super day, and produced good photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how 'here' is so subtly worked into the sculpture design. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What can I say, that sure is a beautiful, meaningful sculpture, wish I could´ve joined you two, Grace! Have a wonderful weekend, here it´s a long one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That must have been nice to meet a fellow blogger in such nice surroundings along the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That experience sounds like great fun. And it's a great sculpture, too. And a great beach!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with Perth! I'd like to perhaps live there NEXT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that sculpture. It the perfect meet-up point. "I'll meet you at 10:00 at Here".

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I would love to visit Perth and see all the wonderful places and artwork you have posted!

    ReplyDelete
  18. both cool,the sculpture and the bar! =) ew

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sculpture a bit bigger than the earrings I have of hers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely interior full of colours! Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great sculpture, Grace !

    ReplyDelete