Monday, April 24, 2017

A black tie affair..



How is it even possible, taking into account my love affair with St. Georges Terrace that I haven't been into Black Tie Co. before this! After four several hours walking in the city a stimulant of the caffeine kind was required and there he was below, beckoning me in with that sardonic smile :) I note the artist's name is Esme Putter but am unable to discover any further information..


Once inside the much needed coffee, and oh alright if you must know :) a delicious pistachio biscuit also, did not disappoint..


The Black Tie Co is housed in one of my favourite buildings on the terrace, the heritage listed Old Perth Technical School built in 1910.. and look, if you pull the shot below in a bit you can still see that 'come in if you dare' smile from the other side of the terrace. Hope you had/are still having a fab weekend, happy Monday, take care and stay safe..


29 comments:

  1. What a great place and mural! I'm quite jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mont Blanc. Geez! Only in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful building. The mural looks like he just walked out of a noir tale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that mural and the building is very nice.

    About the rock fish, unfortunately I did not pick it up and bring it home. I did decide to go back and pick it up but I couldn't find it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a fun place for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those local coffee shops! Great mural!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice building! and that coffee must be darn hot to have RED steam emanating from the cup...... but the chappie in the hat and raincoat looks a lot like one of my neighbours who always shouts at his wife.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks charming! Love the placement of the mural. How you haven't visited that place before is indeed a good question! Hope they served up good coffee (and perhaps a tasty snack too).

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is fine, fun art work. Glad you enjoyed the coffee shop. Bet you will be back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...cool shots of 'The Black Tie Affair.'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice looking place, fine interior and an impressive building. Good coffee, too? It has all the bases covered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not coffee- or mural-related, Grace, but I just took a note before reading your blog with the Mont Blanc my Mum gave me.
    Tired as I still am a coffee would be nice right now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The building is beautiful, decor and mural too. I've been in that shop quite a while back but it wasn't that specific coffee shop, might have changed owners or decor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A nice place in a beautiful building. The guy looks a bit grim, maybe he has to drink his coffee first to get a more friendly look :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe he looks this way because his coffee is still very hot ;)
    What a neat place, I like the interior!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a very cool looking place. Maybe I could pop in for one of those biscuits you mentioned. I'll pass on the coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goodness this is a place to come back to again and again I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful building and place, and the mural is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super wall mural and the red adds colour that does not distract.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the artistic work on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the mural, and the building looks good too!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the mural, love the building, love the post!

    ReplyDelete