Thursday, August 15, 2019

Bountiful Bunbury..



 Next stop on the road trip Bunbury, 175km south west of Perth. Oh how it has changed since we were last here, it has tripled in size. I climbed the Marlston Hill Lookout tower to get the ocean views above.. overcoming fears everyday :) How about the chequered lighthouse in first shot! Bunbury did not disappoint as far as heritage architecture goes either, even one or two, maybe more Art Deco buildings 💙 but my favourite was the pink convent below, blessed in 1897 and still looking gorgeous today.. now home to the Bunbury Regional Art Gallery.. perfect! There was lots of fabulous street art also, but that's for another day. Definitely worth the drive. Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe..



18 comments:

  1. I like color of building in your 4th photo.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful old buildings. In Florida, and many places in the South that had neat old buildings, if the hurricanes don't destroy those buildings developers demolish them for new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The architecture is magnificent. I love those ocean views, very pretty, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful. Vistas and buildings! (And vous)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like those Deco buildings, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome views in the first 3 shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are so many fascinating places to visit in this world. What gorgeous photos. The water in that first shot is such a perfect shade of blue. I'm so glad you have taken us along on this road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous photos. The first is my favourite! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...what a great mix of architectural style. On the other hand that sea of roofs would not be for me, I'd prefer not to have neighbor that close!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the lyric theatre and the last building that I would guess was once a hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tripled in size, oh, wow, now is that good or bad I don´t know, Grace - but very beautiful views... and the blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lyric theater and next the intersport building are very nice examples of first an art deco and second a Bauhaus style building. Indeed a nice show of different styles here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pink art deco buildings remind me of Florida. This city has a lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pictures Grace, I like the old buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You found some beautiful buildings. Love the theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, yes I could live here, what beautiful photos of it you've shared. Some of the architecture reminds me of a classy upscale New Orleans!

    ReplyDelete