Sunday, August 18, 2019

"A painting is a poem without words"..



There was a specific exhibition that we went to see at the Art Gallery WA on that wet and wild Thursday last week, will show on Tuesday. Along the way the three paintings here were such a delight.. had to share :) I am ever in awe of the talent it takes to create such works. The morning light rising through the eucalyptus trees above by Brendon Darby and below by Lance Chad is exquisite. The first and third paintings on loan from the Janet Holmes à Court Collection, as was the exhibition we went to see. Harvest Gold last pic is genius in charcoal. Hope you enjoyed seeing them also, happy Sunday, take care and stay safe.. 


 

23 comments:

  1. ...a wonderful way of looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. My kind of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all beautiful to see. Thanks, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautifully done, particularly Morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! That charcoal piece is exquisite, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quote is appropriate for sure. These are three lovely poems!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this art, especially the last one. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have the last one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like "Morning." It feels alive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. C'est vrai, tu as raison : un tableau c'est un poème sans mots ! J'aime beaucoup le premier tableau :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what beautiful paintings. The talent in this world is mind boggling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the top shot. Has a little bit of a Fred Williams feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful I like the middle one best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm proud to say I have known Brendon & Tony both for a number of years & love their work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. First, I so enjoy your new blog header photo and the cute pink Mustang! I learned how to drive in one just like it, only it was light blue! Your title is a fave quote of mine too, and your post shows it well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love color - and like the color works here - but that charcoal is really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, Grace, but it reminds me of Autumn, kinda (maybe I´m seeing ghosts, thogh ;-)...)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing, such beautiful work.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete