Friday, July 24, 2020

Observing along the way..



You might think that we were off on another country jaunt yesterday but actually we were only 23km east of Perth city in Bickley. It's so pretty at this time of the year in the Bickley Valley the winter rains greening up the pastures to perfection. I was surprised to see the Queenslander type of home above. Described as 'a single detached house made of timber with a corrugated roof. Set high with a characteristic veranda that extends around the house to varying extents but never entirely surrounds it.'  Designed to suit the subtropical climate of Queensland I can see how it would suite our hot summers also with the cool air circulating underneath the house. The sun popped in and out all morning, mostly out when we reached our destination, show you tomorrow. Happy Friday, take care and stay safe..


20 comments:

  1. Looks so idyllic. Love the home on stilts - great deck. Must have a lovely view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I love the drive, let's do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful house and countryside. I'd love to take a nice slow bicycle ride along the route. Happy Friday! The week end is only hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all looking very lush and green at this time of year. Verandas used to be a feature of some of the small houses in the village where I was brought up - I think they were mostly used as a place to dry washing on rainy days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that house. The goats seem curious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking house with the large veranda. It looks so cool. Those gun trees sure make that road narrow. Beautiful green landscapes. Good series, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful countryside! I like the view through the trees. Interesting architecture on the house. Seems perfect for the location!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A large porch is so wonderful. I always picture the family sitting out in the evening having drinks and just talking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The house is very attractive. I love the porch, a nice place to sit and enjoy the views. What a beautiful countryside to call home. Great photos, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Straight away I thought, a Queenslander in WA. The country is looking so lush.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful country! I've always admired the Queenslander style because of that wonderful porch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The road through the trees in the second photo looks so inviting. Beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have nice surroundings to drive around!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great nature all around and the house looks ready for a billabong.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how I wish I could have gone with you! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely house, beautiful countryside.
    My favourite is your second photograph.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that subtropical Pacific architecture of a certain age! Something we share along with our good looks 😸

    ReplyDelete
  18. That sure does look like a Queenslander. I just love those days when the sun pops in and out of the clouds spotlighting the countryside as it has done in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is the perfect well kept place but oh do I love all those trees!

    ReplyDelete