Thursday, July 30, 2020

Botanical tall ship..



After a particularly excruciating physio session (my shoulder) early yesterday morning a walk around Kings Park Botanic Gardens was in order to restore my equilibrium. It was a perfect winters morning, the air fresh and crisp. Looking from this angle the sculpture at the entrance to the botanical gardens made me think of a ghostly tall mast sailing ship, sails unfurling, rising up from the sea of native bushes.. do you see it or is it just moi :)


As well as being Perth's top tourist destination Kings Park is rich with Indigenous history, below the Beedawong, meaning 'celebration or meeting place'. I would love to see one of the events in this stone amphitheater, will keep my ears open. Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe..


21 comments:

  1. ...Perth certainly incorporates art into the landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wouldn't describe our weather as crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Look at that beautiful Crane Sculpture on that first photo! Oh dear Grace I feel so jealous of places where you can walk and lounge with nature. We have lesser and lesser of those here in our region.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look like a sailing ship! More great art in Perth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say it does resemble a sailing ship too. Nice call, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a ship to me too, Grace! Your winter sure looks different from ours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ship sculpture - it's very graceful looking. Nice setting for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do see those sails. It's like an ancient ship has run aground and the vegetation has grown up around it. It sounds like a nice walk in nature is just what he doctor ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Grace,
    No, you're not the only one seeing those contours for what you described!
    What a lovely place for walking on a crisp winter day. Hope it did mend your shoulder pain and your soul.
    Your winters seem to be more like ours and it ought to be similar as you're almost at 32° Southern hemisphere and we're at 32° N hemisphere.
    I've visited my Uncle in Broken Hill and their climate was very similar to ours. We both worked always in the Sydney and Melbourne area, nowhere else... Never time for exploring as this was just work!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it would be a good place for aborigines to camp, with views of what was happening below in case of intruders.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, it does resemble a sailing ship.

    Hope your shoulder eases soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first one I remember well, Grace. The last one I haven´t seen yet, when will we...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Indeed a two masted one. Great gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much art to see overthere. Perth is creating nice environments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sending you love and prayers for you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting photos. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Parkland is always a great asset to a city and I am always grateful to the people who long ago did the plantings for us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete