Sunday, June 16, 2019

'By the sigh of the sea'..



'All alone and free
in the soft sands of the beach
by the sigh of the sea'.. Jack Kerouac 

It's been that kind of week.. wet, wild and windy. Not many people braving the beaches but on the way home yesterday I did spot the young man all alone contemplating the waves. I watched for a while until he stood, shook out his wet hair, and walked back up the beach. Everyone needs that bit of alone time to clear the head.. standing there watching the wind did a pretty good job of that for me :) Happy Sunday, take care and stay safe..
 

23 comments:

  1. ...ah, to have the beach to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine shot of solitude at the beach. Good sky and ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic shot, Grace. So peaceful lookisng!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He found a spot just for himself. I hope it was good for him, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love alone time but it does not happen very often these days. Lovely shots. Hope you are well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful expanse of beach. Great place for meditation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right you are. Enough planes and crowds. Time to sigh by the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope he is ok and his contemplation helped him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos.
    I like walking and enjoying the beaches deserted.
    Have a nice Sunday
    Maria
    Divagar Sobre Tudo um Pouco

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yes, Jack is one of my favourite poets. Being by the sea is good for the soul, something about the water makes you think and feel restful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You caught a nice moment. And I agree. Sitting next to salt water is so therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great!, pictures and Kerouac's quote.. ew :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A nice seawatch with a fitting poem to it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, usually puts things in perspective for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love and understand this, Grace. xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the first shot!
    It's a good scene!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I couldn't agree more. I love my little bits of alone time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my your last photo is just a dreamy view!

    ReplyDelete