Friday, June 22, 2018

Point Walter Perceptions..



I heard that one of my favourite sculptures, last seen at Sculpture by the Sea a few years ago, was now upon a hill overlooking the Swan River at Point Walter. Yesterday we stopped by to see and enjoy the whimsical delight of Ayad Alqaragholli's' 'Habibi'. Habibi, translated from Arabic as 'my love', is typical of Ayad's work 'a metaphor for love, peace and stability'. Something we all long for in these troubled times. Merci beaucoup Ayad for your wonderfully positive outlook 💙 How could I not take a shot of the magnificent trees below, standing sentry on this spot for many years..


Me and You and a dog named Boo came to mind when I saw the scene below :) That sweet little dog below was sitting looking out over the water when we walked past and it was still sitting happily 20 minutes later.. good dog 🐕 Can you believe it's Friday again, where did the week go! Have a good one, take care and stay safe..


24 comments:

  1. The dog must be quite used to coming out there with its people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sculpture and the dog is too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your weekend, mon bon ami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Whimsical - Well Done

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice statue and pics. I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also like that sculpture. We could all use more lightness and love. Have a great weekend, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that sculpture! Good thing about dogs is that you can take them with you. Good thing about cats is that you can leave them home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Graceful sculpture, majestic trees, and a couple relaxing at the perfect location.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very impressive trees. I hoped I had erased that song from my memory. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, Grace, where did the week go so fast (again)? Awww a cute little dog indeed and a great sculpture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that art piece very much looks so nice against the sky. That last photo makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sculpture is terrific, and in such a spectacular location too. Love the little doggie enjoying a view of the water with his people.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sculpture is so happy! I love it. If only the world could be that happy. Those trees are majestic and I love the little dog watching the water. Great shots Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that sculpture, it's great. The dog is a good dog, sitting and waiting, taking in the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great sculpture and it looks a reallylovely spot. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love "Habibi." I can see why you do, too.
    Wish we could do that with our dog (and he would too) but it gets very awkward at 82 lbs. That's a very sweet scene.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute, that dog is sure content with sitting, and watching with his humans as most dogs love to do! Nice view for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great article..I am looking so forward to your blogcomment and
    I love your page on your post.. That is so pretty..
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I like that sculpture, Grace !

    ReplyDelete