Monday, April 21, 2014

Public Art....




Although one of the most expensive car parks in the CBD because of its close proximity to the city centre up until a few weeks ago this was a drab and cheerless space.. now awash with colour and creative energy on every side it almost takes your breath away.. still not parking here though :) but will visit and admire often! We were lucky enough to watch Belgian artist ROA and Phlegm from the UK at work before leaving for Sydney.. while away Perth's Stormie Mills finished his piece, Sydney's Beastman collaborated with Adelaide's Vans The Omega to create a vibrant wall opposite Perth's Last Chance Studios and another collaboration between The Yok and Sheryo. How about New York artist Gaia, that's his work bottom right hand corner.. so impressive. There are those who will never think of street art as other than graffiti but after watching these unbelievably huge scale works taking shape I am in awe of the talent at work here in Perth over the last two weeks. Would love it if you could take a minute to embiggen and check out the detail. Hope the sun is shining on your Easter weekend, take care.....


28 comments:

  1. Am I first? :-) I love Perth. I love Perth car parks, however expensive they might be (not sure if you can beat Paris...! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all, Grace! I enlarged them for sure and you are right, I felt like I was at home viewing these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a spare tin of whitewash if you want it......?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are terrific and definitely even better when enlarged!! A lot of talent for sure!! Thanks for sharing! Hope you've had a great weekend and that the little new one is doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perth is a cornucopia of art!


    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just done some embiggering and YES WOW!!! Amazing art which ought to be somewhere better than a rip-off car park.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All beautiful work--though the big snake would give me nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That took a lot of paint for sure! Nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wild, colorful, but a little disconcerting. Would I want my expensive Range Rover (not that I have one) under that snake?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool Grace. I can't help but make a comparison between the ancient Egyptians and this carpark. Centuries ago the Egyptians covered their buildings and monuments in hyroglyphics and illustrations. Today we cover them in artworks. Wonder if a future generation will try and interpret what they mean? Ciao J.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very neat, Grace. I like the brightly-colored psychedelic ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an exciting transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great. I love that first one of the kid being given a hand up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bring it on! We want more. I'm so frustrated with Local Government who won't let artists be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, wow, wow! There is some incredible talent represented here. This really is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so great! Thank you for sharing all these Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, these are so impressive, even if the snake kind of creeps me out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I love it. All of them. Though, when that snake bites its tail, it seems as if he is going to leap off that building (and I hope you are far away!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Incredible work...all of it! Hope you had a super Easter too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. There is certainly more artistic talent shown here than in most murals like this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!!! There's some vibrant color in that art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love public art .. i was visiting a friend in Cincinnati where murals abound ... these remind me of them .. adds so much to a city

    ReplyDelete