Thursday, March 12, 2020

Sculpture by the Sea III.. The Kiss.



I'm sure you will recognize the whimsical style here before I even tell you who the sculptor is. Perth sculptor/artist Ayad Alqaragholli's work has appeared here many times. The sculpture is called Anta Omri (You Are All My Life), the artist's statement 'In my daily life in Australia I observe couples immersed in the intimacy of public affection, symbolising to me happiness, peace, freedom. This is everything to me after migrating from my birth country of Iraq where this is not always possible.' How often we take the simple things for granted oui! Children are captivated, as am I, by the playful nature of the sculptures of Ayad Alqaragholli ✨


In the blink of an eye the figures of 'Flutter l and ll' sculpted in aluminum sheet below by Perth artist April Pine can transform from appearing whole and together...


... to becoming 'two organic figures standing side by side, their reductive forms working in unison and opposition as through pulling and pushing winds. Their singular ground connection creates a delicate structural balancing act as though they are caught in motion.' Looking forward to going back in the evening and watching the sunset through the 'flutters' :) Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe..



17 comments:

  1. Amazing works by amazing artists. Flutter is incredible and nicely photographed. Nice shots, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There'd be a lot of fluttering going on if those statues were here today - it's been rather windy. Fascinating works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cool - And Interactive With The Little Ones

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Flutters is a wonderful sculpture. I like both of these but, the Flutters is very special. I think it would be great at sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW, what a touching and beautiful statue. And the park where you shot this is breath taking reminds of a park I use to go to when I lived in Seattle.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them both a lot, Grace! Flutters would be fascinating to look at for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the top statue and the second one is interesting. Hope all is well over there. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both these sculpture works are good. The kiss is so sweet, and the wind driven work is really creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how sweet, Grace, I love her hair! And weee... that is Homer in the background!!!
    As much as I like Flutter... hmmm, same concept again. I know, I´m no artist and cannot even do this, but...
    And, ahhh, the ocean, so blue, it´s beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those sculptures by the sea, very inspiring. About your contact with Marianne's blog we both have searched but couldn't find anything wrong and Marianne get also comment from your local fellow blogger Sami. Its one of those computer issues very difficult to debug .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sculptures by the sea are fascinating. Love these forms! Intriguing really!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are beautiful as is your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a find! very good pictures! ew :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These beautiful sculptures are so yesterday .... they need to practise "social distancing".

    ReplyDelete