Tuesday, March 26, 2019

The wise owl..



The whimsical wonder here by Perth artist Esti has been on my street art bucket list since I spotted it on the artist's website a while back. We don't get over to Roleystone very often so when we did last week it was right up there on my to snap list. Painted in 2016 for a then cafe and wellness center, now Brook 508 Cafe, a delightful discovery itself, 'the owl symbolizing wisdom, the blue lotus a spiritual symbol of rebirth and purification, the act of giving, or exchange between the two figures'. The artist wanted to 'create something beautiful that makes people smile as they walk past, a reminder of joy and innocence too'. Seeing it did make me happy I hope it does you also 💙 Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe..




30 comments:

  1. This will go at the top of my favorites list. I love owls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that mural. Very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so wonderful, Grace! I would sit there and admire it for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm smiling. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I love the symbolism and the artistry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great detail! It’s a beauty alright!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Grace, as the book that I´m still at, "Wesley the Owl". It´s about a young female scientist raising a hurt owl (non-fiction) and my, is Wesley a quirky, clever, cute guy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes I love this. It appeals to my sense of fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kind of weird and kind of wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing. Thank you for making the trip!

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful Grace, what a great find :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet mural Grace, well worth to go and make a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice and sweet mural, Grace !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that is just amazing, I love it. Happy day Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. I say bravo and well done to the artist, they truly accomplished their goal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for sharing it,nice plctures and interesting exolanation! ew :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is quite beautiful.
    Thank you so much for sharing this mural through your lovely photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete