Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Singing Honeyeater..



Although we have had much rain in Perth over the last few days there were moments like this when the skies were super blue. Yesterday at Hillarys Boat Harbour to take photos of something entirely different I was sidetracked by the singing honeyeater sitting so prettily in the scrub bushes along the coast. Not having the patience it takes to be a true birder, when one of the smaller birds (18cm) sits still long enough for me to take a shot.. I'd be mad not to. I saw many swallows also but they were not as obliging :) P was after bigger fish.. might be a guest post tomorrow. Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe... P.s. one thing that I've noticed lately.. I'm easily sidetracked :)


24 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful creature against the bluest skies! Great photos, PDP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a pretty bird and I'm guessing from it's name that it has a sweet voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good shots of this little pretty, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty little bird. Oh I am so easily side tracked all the time by the smallest thing! Think with me is a case of lost concentration as I get older!!! Have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps I should look out for more plates with Australian birds?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great shot with the perfect, blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful wee bird, he looks proud in the second photo. Proud to have his photo taken by you. It's easy to get sidetracked these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well worth clicking to enlarge. How blue is the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely looking bird and what a blue sky!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Masterful job, Grace, from the blue sky to the bird's profile with that tiny bill. Love it. It always makes me want to start bird watching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I could become a birder...in an area where they would guarantee that I would see a lot of birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You caught him very nice against the blue sky, excellent photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the honeyeaters, we get loads in our garden, but as soon as I have the camera ready they're flying away...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice little bird, against the bluest sky !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that is some blue sky, Grace! Here grey and rain, rain, rain :-)
    Oh, yes, getting sidetracked... me, too..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree blue skies are so desirable/incredible after days of rain! Your bird captures are always way better than mine. I get sidetracked too, mostly on my days off!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always love the bird photos--but like you, Grace, I'm easily sidetracked!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The singing honeyeater (Gavicalis virescens) is a small bird found in Australia, and is part of the honeyeater family, Meliphagidae. The bird lives in a wide range ...
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete