Monday, February 27, 2017

Thar be gold on the horizon!



I know this looks very much like the second shot from yesterday's post but it's not. I wanted to show that although we were still a wee bit in the dark after sun up on shore, do you see that speck of gold on the horizon, you might have to pull the shot in :) out at sea the Leeuwin and her flotilla were bathed in glorious early morning sunlight, the shot below is straight out of camera and unaltered. Using my 300mm lens didn't really pull me in close enough for a super clear shot but I'm chuffed that you can see Rottnest Island (check the link to see what the island offers) in the background. So many photos to edit, so little time :) Hope you had or are still having a good weekend, take care and stay safe.. P.s. did I mention that it was 40C on that golden morning!
 




  


24 comments:

  1. One hopes there weren't sharks in the water!

    We see that here, when we have a clear day- the dawn hits the apartment buildings before the sunlight reaches the rest of the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Grace, love to see all those swimmers welcoming the ship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great catch of the gold, Grace! Hard to imagine temps like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of Mutiny on the Bounty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hanging with you is a real vactgaion

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks so warm and inviting. I love it! Have a great week, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shimmer me timbers where did we bury the gold.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love me some tall ships...I love how masted ships creak and groan and sails flap and snap in the wind...wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The light is very interesting and a little strange. We never saw dawn in Perth, except for the cloudy day of the Dawn Service.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful shots, Grace! By golly, 40C even before the sun is really out?! And here I sit in a big, warm sweater, heating on...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome pics.
    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These two photos give different light effect. Lovely photos. Happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Image number 2 is a bit like a jigsaw puzzle.
    Looks fantastic!
    I will dream about it..... Here we have +4C and no rain this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crikey! 40C might be a little bit too warm for me. I would probably have to join all those crazy swimmers, just to cool off. And then get one of the handsome hunky life guards to rescue me..... ahhhh, dream on....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brave people, I wouldn't be risking meeting a shark in those waters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that telephoto shot is awesome! I see this event draws a pretty huge crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like especially that second shot with the golden ship, Grace.
    Super light !

    ReplyDelete
  18. I especially like the second shot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice your blog and article. I like this blog thank for sharing.

    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete