Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Stepping from the past into the future..



 Tredways Shoe Store, a family owned WA business established in 1949 on the corner of Scarborough Beach Road and Flinders in Mt. Hawthorn couldn't have chosen a finer mural to adorn their wall than the one above by graphitecrew.. a 'historical depiction of the local community'. The mainly monochrome with splashes of vivid yellow panorama catches the eye and is the perfect reference point when giving directions. Scarborough Beach Road is super busy so I was lucky to get this clear shot. Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe... P.s. Can't believe we're only one day short of March, who's got their shot ready for the CDP theme 'black & white in colour', not I.. but I will :) 


25 comments:

  1. Dynamic and vividly done!

    I've had my post for the theme day pretty much ready since early January. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and bright mural Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, you found a great mural to photograph. Love the monotone colors mixed with the bright yellow. Sure stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I really like the colours they chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly is striking and does catch one's attention. If only I had more passion for murals. Merry Christmas! Oh, wait. That's still a ways off. Darn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very stylish - good for a shoe store!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness this mural is so interesting and even the design of the building really makes it so mod like! You find the best places to share, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That actually works well on that site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that. I have heard of Tredways. I wonder where?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh I love that! The bursts of yellow is icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a wall to remember!
    Quite stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very impressive mural, Grace. And the title is fitting as well - I feel like I'm already in autumn with such very stormy weather today...

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a lovely image, great there was no traffic in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! It was was plotted out so very well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Très élégante. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  16. exceptionally beautiful mural.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the splashes of yellow within too.
    A great mural.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the color choices.

    ReplyDelete