Friday, December 9, 2016

Next stop.. the city!



Yesterday in Leederville searching for Christmas pressies for my grandchildren, it occurred to me that as the last train station before the city there might be a bit of a view to be had! Parking is a lot easier here, so if making a short visit to the city many people park their car here and catch the train that last 4km into the city. I never do, it's all the way in for moi.. although there have been times when sitting in heavy traffic and a train shoots past that I think why am I not on it :) Above a train heading out and below, almost simultaneously, a train heading back into the city. I took these at 3pm, give it another hour and the scene would be very different with the build up of traffic as workers leave the city anxious to get home. Happy Friday, take care and stay safe...


20 comments:

  1. I get so jealous of your rail systems! Beautiful photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks rather new Grace, I wonder how old it is. I guess rush hour would fill up that road pretty darn quick. I would be one of those people riding the rails in to the big city only when necessary. Nice image with the city in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muito boa esta sequência de fotografias.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
  4. There isn't much character to the northern line but it is very clean, modern and efficient and fast, and that is what good public transport is about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In years past I would probably have driven myself...Now the simpleness of the train appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your commuter trains appear to be longer than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a perfect vantage point to take these shots of the light rail line going in and out of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...the train doesn't stop here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our highways are never that empty except maybe early on a Sunday morning! Traffic congestion is big here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the big city! I don't visit these often, but they are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Skyline looks like some of the cities in the USA. Trains in Oz are better than here though. I used to love taking the early morning train to NYC and the Luxury one back home in the evening. 6 to 8 hours by car; about 3 by train. Did you get a photo of the mural?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The guys who designed our light rail system could learn from yours, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup, we took the train today, Grace - and were in the city before the shops opened, ahhh...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would probably take the train I think, but I am not a driver :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks like you are getting there at the perfect time of day! going to downtown roanoke isn't all that bad haha, don't need to park and take the train in...it's probably a quarter of the size of your city! i noticed that nice big mural on the side of that building! have a great weekend grace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic shots of the trains Grace! I love trains. I wish I got to ride them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woderful and interesting shots, Grace !
    Have a nice weekend !

    ReplyDelete