Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The one that got away.....!


It was unusually quiet in the city on Sunday afternoon,..I took these shots from the NTA Cafe in the Carillon City Arcade (below) and although it may not be the 'trendiest' cafe in the city the coffee and snacks are good, most importantly it has a brilliant view down into Forrest Place and the Murray Street Mall.....
The buskers had to work really hard to get any attention..some were more successful than others, balloons were big..  I felt so sorry for the caricature artist below right (cute little pout) that I managed to persuade P to have his portrait drawn..unfortunately (maybe not) by the time we got down there he had packed up..which is probably just as well..large ears, prominent nose come to mind :) Why is it that the guy with the guitar (below) always gets the blonde haha!

Big and little kids were enjoying the new water feature...and then (below) there's 'the shot that got away' :) I had just changed from my 50mm to the long lens to see what I could get up close, when the tres serious photographer below, Nikon slung casually over shoulder, walked into view and ..well I was just too close wasn't I, he had such a great face I almost called over the balcony before my damn reserve stopped me and zip he was gone, sorry Jack and Steffe :) Hope your week has started well, take care.....

31 comments:

  1. Looks like another fun weekend in Perth, Grace!! Love your shots for the day!! I always enjoy the street musicians!! Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made us think of all the people photos we could have if only we had more nerve and less decorum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely street shots Grace...... good post again.

    Greetings, Joop

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to be with you in Perth :-)



    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a fun weekend, Grace, I too :)
    Nice street shots, I like especially the photos with the fountain, probably because here it's hot...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pictures for a memorable weekend, full of fun, culture and spectacle.
    Hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're becoming a real street life reporter!

    (Yes, it's the air conditioning that makes the coach drivers keep the engines running. At least, I think so...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winter in Perth looks easy to take, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grace, water games in winter! If I was a bad person, I´d be jealous, non?! ;-) Oh, lucky you! Hope you enjoyed it yourself a bit! 32C today over here, yayyy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great place to sit and watch what goes on a round you. Have a good week. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a fun place to walk around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shots! It's making me want to go walk around and explore the city!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There must be a part of you that feels like you are on vacation when you go into town. Fun post. Hope you are feeling 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No worries. You will find someone else to photograph. Looks like a good spot though for candid snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great spot to enjoy your coffee and people watch

    ReplyDelete
  16. You caught a lot of interesting things on what you describe as a quiet Sunday. And guys with guitar get blondes? Why didn't anyone tell me?

    At least you are thinking about people pix, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice captures of the mall activities.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great street-scapes Grace ... Buskers add a lovely atmosphere to a place but I wouldn't like to have to live on their takings.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Life on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting place to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That cafe balcony would be the perfect spot to people watch. Sorry about your missed opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  22. "It was unusually quiet in the city on Sunday afternoon". Sounds like the opening line of a thriller. I'm sure there's more to that caricature than meets the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like a busy day in the city! I love your pictures, beautiful images!I think these streets musicians are very talented!
    hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tempo di vacanze per me. Un felice agosto a Te ... ciao

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice place to hang around. I just liked your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lots of activity going on here for a Sunday! Kids and water.....a perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Doesn't look "quiet" to m...but hey! I live in a small town. I love how these photos show what was happening in Perth on a slow Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks, Grace...this was a fun visit to your city; I enjoyed every minute of it. Great slices-of-life in Perth!

    ReplyDelete