Thursday, August 5, 2021

Happy belated birthday..

 

The 1st of August is Horses' Birthday in the Southern Hemisphere, click the link to find out why the 1st of August. In the Northern Hemisphere it is 1st January, I'm guessing for the same reason. There were big plans to celebrate this event in Chidlow 45minutes east of Perth. I was really looking forward to taking lots of horsey shots but it was not to be, beaucoup de pluie and strong winds put paid to the celebrations, paddocks flooded! Although I am five days late I still felt these magnificent creatures, whether stately Clydesdale or temporary mini unicorns below, deserved recognition.. 

You can bet your bottom dollar I didn't take the shots below lately. They are from February when the temps can reach 40C. Taken on the horse/dog beach close by, it must feel so wonderful to cool off like this. Happy belated birthday to horses everywhere.. I can't believe there isn't a carrot emoji :) Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe..


18 comments:

  1. ...thanks, I didn't know this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know anything, thanks for sharing:) ew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Grace,
    Guess they invent and commercialize daily something else...!
    Great photos.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so happy in the water, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's perfectly wonderful to include pictures from whenever especially when they are as bright and cheery and colorful as these are! Happy birthday and great celebration to all the incredibly adorable horses everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up with a barn full of horses and have alway had a soft spot for horses. They are such magnificent animals. I did not know about the horses' Birthday celebration, but it seems perfectly reasonable. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I learned something new. I didn't know there was horse birthday celebration. I agree totally that these magnificent creatures deserve to be celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I showed horses and your right all horses, had there birthday on Jan 1 and so does the rider who shown the horse. So as in horse show business Jan 1 2022. I will be 62, although my birthday is 12 Feb.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didn´t know of the day, and yes, sad there is no carrot emoji for the occasion, Grace!
    Do horses really enjoy the ocean?

    ReplyDelete
  10. No carrot emoji!!! I like your photos more than I like horses, with the exception of Clydesdales.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Horses’ Birthday is new to me. I learn so much from other bloggers. Thank you, Grace! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great that people and horses can both cool off. A recent report I read states that the average summer temperature in Western Australia, by 2050, a mere twenty-nine years away, will be 40 degrees. If that's the average that is being predicted, I shudder to think what the maximums will be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice that the horses can cool down the ocean, I'd love to see them swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing what they do with the horses, going into the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely set of photos. I have never got used to horses birthdays being 1 January in this part of the world! Sorry I have not been visiting, I just seem to be extra busy. I am taking photos but not much time to go through them!
    Keep safe Diane

    ReplyDelete